Catch that Gibbon!

A gibbon remains on the loose in Devon after escaping from a local zoo

Paignton Zoo evacuated visitors and staff as it launched a desperate hunt for the ape – which is capable of swinging through trees at 35mph.

The zoo had only just opened its doors to the public on Wednesday following a two-week closure because of an avian flu outbreak.

But just a few hours into the grand reopening, the gibbon had absconded.

The zoo immediately went into lockdown, issuing an “amber alert” and evacuating the grounds.

• I adore gibbons, I hope he gets rescued soon :monkey:

How ya gonna catch that … :open_mouth:

1 Like

It’s Gibbon time!

1 Like

Thats utter madness isn’t it? Flinging itself through the trees like that?! Wow :scream: No chance of catching that one!

1 Like

aww, I loved the Goodies when i was little…now I’ll be singing that bloomin’ song all day!

1 Like

Oh bless, he’s made a bid for freedom! Two of them made a break for it, apparently, but they’ve caught onr

I wonder if he’ll manage to get out of the zoo? Imagine him turning up in your garden! :rofl:

Poor thing though, he might be getting a bit scared and hungry

They’ve got big teeth and claws, I read, but only attack when they feel threatened but in this situation, I suppose the escapee might feel like that, so they’ll have to stay closed until it’s caught

2 Likes

I kind of like that he escaped, but I am concerned that he might get a bit hangry now…its been a while. He’ll come back at some point.

2 Likes