Cat on a hot shed roof

Looking for suggestions on how to allow access to my shed roof for cats as a couple love to lie on it when its sunny.
They manage to get up and I have put one of my wheelie bins beneath it so they can jump down.
But I am looking for some simple ideas which will allow them to climb up and down.

1 Like

Light a banger behind them :astonished: and you’ll be surprised at the speed they dismount :grin:

What about summat along the lines of a scaffold board? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

What about something like this, a little cat ladder

Aaaawwwwwww! :cat2: :heart_eyes_cat: :smiley_cat:

Perfect and I think I have the timber to make something like this. :smiley:

Er, just leave the wheelie bin in place. We all know cats are fickle and simply won’t follow our best laid plans. If they want to get up there, they will, because they’re cats.

Mr Fraggle, you will probably make something perfect, and then they will decide they prefer another spot instead. :grinning:

How were they getting up there before you moved the bin there?

2 Likes

Mr F might be looking for a second opinion. It is his ilk after all.

I think the cats usually just fine by themselves. Our back garden fence adjoins the next neighbour. The fence is 6 ft (1.8M) We regularly couple of cats that survey the fence and then jump onto our shed.

1 Like

I think most of you are missing the point which is that it is not the getting up that is the issue it is the getting down hence I moved the bin to make it easier.
Getting up they go from a small area like a fence post to a large area the shed roof and the return journey is not as easy, so a ladder like the above image will be great and gives me a small project.

1 Like

How about this …

3 Likes

Amazing house !

1 Like