Carrying a camcoeder

I have been giving some though on the best way to carry the Panasonic HC-X1500 all day as that i might have to do soon on our holiday. So best can come up with so I dont have my hand through the strap all the time is using a Peak design plate

P1050862.JPG

with it facing this way the camcorder lies flat across the chest and can be quick released with the peakdesign setup. I had thought about using a threaded loop fixing but the camcorder goes everywhere no control on how it is carried. the button clips with the cord I have used on far heavier camera gear than this with no problem the breaking strain is far more then ever needed

Quote Quote

Report Edit

OP

realspeed

realspeed

Name

Bazza

Edit My Images

No

update and change of mind /idea

I have decided that the above may not work having done a couple of walking tests with it like this. The minor issue is it partially blocks out and in the way of the flip out viewer screen on the camcorder side. So today tried with with the ropes on one side but the microphone picked up the two quick release pieces clicking together and also not being to unscrew from the camcorder without an allen key. so abandoned that idea in favour of this
61NotYzd83L.AC_SL1500.jpg

unnamed.jpg

The reasoning behind it is I am a bit suspicious of the bit that screws into the camcorder I have known the swivel part tend to wear out as does the knerled knob on the fixing clamp. itself Hence going to use the ring screw bits instead. those can easily be unscrewed from camcorder baseand use a normal key ring type instead
seen below

nn.jpg

Last edited: Yesterday at 3:05 PM

Quote Quote

Report Edit Delete

4wd

4wd

Name

North York Moors

Edit My Images

Yes

I have a strap with that swivelling clip idea, and have a reasonably strong large keyring through too - just in case.

Like Quote Quote

OP

realspeed

realspeed

Name

Bazza

Edit My Images

No

4wd said:

I have a strap with that swivelling clip idea, and have a reasonably strong large keyring through too - just in case.
I have had that swivel stud that goes through actually wear away. so thinking of replacing with this which not only will fit around the strap but also the screw in rings.
so now I can leave the screw in ring on the camcorder and detach the rest via this bit of kit

P1050915.jpg

Last edited: Yesterday at 7:26 PM

Quote Quote

Report Edit Delete