Carley Fortune’s Meet Me at the Lake

A biography.

Quite … :+1:

Meet Me At The Lake focuses on two people who kindle a romance with each other in their 30s - one of them suffers from trauma having lost a parent in a car crash as a child. Drug and alcohol use also appear in the novel.

No doubt the heroine will be a beautiful black lady and the hero will be a handsome white man.

:roll_eyes:

However, Hollywood is currently witnessing strike action by screenwriters and actors, the strikes could last for a number of months and even a production deal would see little done in the near future.

So no immediate return to “stardom” for Meghan … :man_shrugging:

Incidentally, I am reading this very novel this week! It’s a very good read, great storyline, and I would like to see it as a movie.

Black and white do not enter into the story, there is no racist undertones, nor should there be.

1 Like

I didn’t realise Spotify was Swedish, I always assumed it was Merican. You learn something new every day.

Hi RightNow, do you think people reading the book will assume it may be loosely based on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Artistic license can give the wrong impression.

Carley Fortune, a Canadian writer and journalist based in Toronto, woke up at 4am to watch the royal wedding at St George’s Chapel in Windsor as the Sussexes tied the knot in a ceremony broadcast to millions around the world.

After seeing the duchess in her wedding gown designed by Clare Waight Keller, she tweeted: ‘Meghan Markle is pulling up to the chapel and I am feeling very teary! Maybe it’s the 4am start.’

The duke and duchess have reportedly bought the rights to Fortune’s second novel Meet Me At The Lake - a romance about two people who meet by chance at two different stages of their lives - to produce a televised adaptation for Netflix.

The novel, which is set in the lakes of Ontario and the city of Toronto, is said to have captured the Sussexes’ imaginations - perhaps due to Meghan’s connection to the Canadian city, which is where she lived when she was filming Suits.

Although Fortune has not yet commented on the reported deal, she will likely be pleased to have handed over the rights to the duke and duchess.

The author and mother-of-two has revealed she is a fan of Suits, and previously shared on Twitter that she was binge-watching the legal drama, which was Meghan’s big break in the entertainment industry.

Coincidences and connections … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Although I do enjoy Meghan and Harry and their family, following their activities through the years,I cannot see either of them as a character in this novel.

The plot may have some similarities, but what novel doesn’t imitate real life? Any storyline with a young child neglected by a parent? Any storyline with love lost as teenagers? Any storyline with putting walls up with the people we feel may hurt us?
Any joys from family vacations?
See what I am saying…any novel that readers connect with will have similarities in each of our own lives.

2 Likes

Another shocking revelation. What a *******!

As The Victorians were wont to say:

A wife, a dog, a walnut tree
The more you beat them
the better they be…

A bully is a coward, nothing shows weakness more .

1 Like