Care homes in Thailand

What are your thoughts on this ?
Sounds quite good to me .

Just looking up care homes in my area ( I am in a morbid mood) they cost about £1200 a week ! )

And a yes from me . The thought of a care home here is enough to make me choke, thousands a month to sit in front of a TV !

I cant think of anything nicer

I can.

Tell us spitty ?

P.s. Muddy why are you feeling morbid ?
Hope all ok

Getting old and frightened of the future.

2 Likes

Feel for you it can be daunting .

I’d love to go to live there it would be such an adventure and I wouldnt feel old . The Thai people love old folk whereas here we are a problem .

Put your feelings onto canvas Muddy see what comes through . You never know the colours could be amazing and brighter than you feel

I dont think too much . I live in today only I cant remember yesterday and tomorrow doesn’t exist . We only have this moment so try to enjoy . Sending you a colourful hug x

3 Likes

Muddy, It’s best not to worry about things until they happen.

Sending relatives over to Thailand? Mmmn, that sounds convenient for those that rarely make the time to visit their relatives.
There will be excuses now not to go to visit…the air fares are too high. We couldn’t get a flight. We haven’t had our jabs for Hepatitis, Tetanus, Yellow fever etc. Travel insurance is too high.

No, just stick them in somewhere abroad and forget em!

The food in Thailand is fantastic

1 Like

Some elderly people don’t like ‘all that foreign stuff’!

I wouldn’t dream of sending my Dad to Thailand. Maybe the care is good but the care isn’t as good anywhere as the care I give my Dad because along with the care there is love too

3 Likes

I agree. My ‘lot’ are often criticised, but we do look after our own right up to the last breath.
Yea though I drift through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear not as my family will be carrying me. . . Yalla bye :039:

1 Like

Hi

If you are fully funding, as I am, you have to be realistic about costs.

I intend to leave my money to my son.

There is absolutely no way I am going into a Care Home.

That is definitely not me, it is not how I want to live.

I am at a transition point in my life, tis no great shakes, it happens to us all sooner or later.

If I did want to go into a Care Home, Thailand would be the place to go.

I am having my house altered, lots of little things and a loan of an electric hospital bed free of charge.

It saves the NHS a fortune, Resus, ITU and CCU beds are very expensive.

The Thais are very family orientated and respectful of the elderly, age is wisdom for them.

Eh!!! Thailand?..You can not be serious…nae chance,
We have always looked after Our elderly until They’ve
popped Their clogs,and I expect the same will happen
with Moi…so…I’ll be staying at Hame in Dear Auld Scotland wi’ Ma Ain Folk. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I like Thai food and I like the warmth .:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Better than Rwanda?

Can’t say, I have only ever been to South Africa but Thai food is my favourite of them all. Anything, even from the roadside stall, is delicious.

The warmth I will agree with, but if I wish to squit :astonished: thru the eye of a needle, then I’d rather take a laxative under controlled conditions :grin:

1 Like

Blimey, that’s taking a chance :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

Best Exotic Marigold Hotel springs to mind.