Cardiff Bay February 13th 2023

I did title the video 2024!

A hearty breakfast was had in the Mount Stuart.

1 Like

What a lovely place Furryanimal.
We shall make a point of visiting in the very near future.
I can`t get enough of the sea, well anywhere that has a body of water in fact.
Thank you.

1 Like

I had a weekend away which took in Cardiff , it was a Coach trip , we were dropped off outside the side of the Castle ,
I had a nosey round the shops and then thought Id have a walk down to Tiger Bay /Cardiff Bay,I set off walking out of town following the signs . I soon got tired ,
Asking some locals if Id got much further to go they said yes I needed to catch a bus there .
so I gave up in the end and never got to see the Bay…

1 Like

I used to visit Cardiff frequently. But it wasn’t the picturesque area. Just the steel mills.

1 Like

I worked in GKN Castle and Tremorfa in the 60’s. :grinning:

1 Like

Small world ! For me it was around 1970. We upgraded some of those with new power electronics.

2 Likes

All gone now.
I believe there was a computer at the Castle Wks when I was there and it occupied most of the top floor :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, a shame. A lot of industries in UK have gone to the wall within my era.

2 Likes

It’s best to take the aquabus there along the river Taff

2 Likes

Is the Dr Who experience still there?

@AnnieS Thanks for that info , if I ever go that way again , i will research it better , I feel there was a lot more to see that I missed , maybe bacause it was a long journey getting there .

1 Like

It isn’t that far really!
Provided you know the way :grinning:
Anyway bay car 6 is the bus.
Takes five minutes.

I love those boats…especially the Princess Katherine.

1 Like

Don’t think Dr.Who experience is still there but there is a tribute wall for Ianto from Torchwood.
Think it’s Ianto…I must check!

1 Like

My Son had a long range girl friend from down that way, a place named something like Dai Fati, a well endowed young lady, would have been better suited to life in St Mellons. :grin:

1 Like

Correction =, Dyfatty, bit further round, Burry Port.

1 Like

It’s quite a long walk from the city centre and the route isn’t that clear if you’re not familiar with the area around theTaff particularly when you reach the end. Quite nice in Spring when the daffodils are out on the river bank. The river boat is definitely a fun way to get there but you have to know where the docking bays are. Worth the journey.

I did look this up…it’s about 3km from St Mary street to the bay.
Reckon that’s a brisk half hour!
But it does help if you are familiar with the area.
Don’t follow the Taff :grinning:
I was on the bay car yesterday.
The boat takes 25 minutes from the bay to Bute Park.
Very pleasant

I took this last Summer heading up from the bay.

2 Likes

I was following the Traffic Signs , expect there was a shorter way .

1 Like

The key is to get on Bute Street.
It is straight…can’t go wrong!

1 Like