Can't locate 2 dvd's - Death on the Nile and The Battle of the River Plate

There are 2 DVD’s which I want to add to my collection BUT they must be region #1 AND have English subtitles.

1.) The Battle of the River Plate
2.) Death on the Nile (Agatha Christies film starring Peter Ustinov)

I have purchased both of them 3 or 4 times but none of them have English subtitles. I have scoured Amazon and Ebay.

1 Like

That one on the right says Region 1 on our Amazon site but can’t get the back of it up to see if it has subtitles .

Yes, that is precisely the problem. As I said, I have purchased it 3 times BUT none of them have subtitles in English. Most recently I contacted a seller from Korea, they CLAIMED it had English subtitles . When it arrived I was delighted to see that it said ENGLISH SUBTITLES ON THE BACK COVER. However, when I went to play it, it did NOT have English subtitles. Grr:cry:

You could always download it from YouTube using the appropriate tool and then burn it to DVD…

There are many subtitle sites on the web just Google “subtitles” and after you find the subtitle, google “add subtitles to a dvd” for instructions to did it yourself.

Judd, Thank you very much for the link. However, that youtube copy has a very bad subtitle system. Could be one of the old ones that used a computerized way in putting subtitles in. At least 40% of the words are missing or totally wrong.

thank you very much, Parable. I’ll check that out immediately.

Sorry BM, didn’t realise that you wanted subtitles specifically, just that you wanted the video/DVD in English. As you say, if you did download that video from YouTube, it wouldn’t download any subtitles with it.

What I do is what Parable has just suggested - I download foreign films (cough!) and then the English subtitles from a website. As I watch the films as MP4/AVI/etc, on my PC and not as DVDs, I just download the appropriate subtitles to match the video, or they won’t synchronise.