Cannabis cake

We went out to a party the other night and had what I can only decribed as suspect chocolate brownies .They had a very funny favour and I felt ill later that night .
Today I have been in a sleepy daze all day and wonder if some extra ingredient was added .:frowning:

Some mean shit man!

Perhaps the chocolate had gone orf.

Adding a bit of “Mother Nature” to cakes is not in the least bit unusual now, especially in certain circles. Not just chocolate cakes (usually brownies) but also caraway seed cake. Actually cannabis has been used in cooking and drinks for thousands of years. It’s also been used as a medicine pretty much for ever especially as a powerful but safe analgesic.

That reminds me of my son in his student days, when he was living and working in a hotel in a rural market town as a Sous Chef.
After Sunday Dinner service had finished, he and another Chef had made themselves some “brownies” laced with cannabis in the hotel kitchen and they had left them on cooling trays in the kitchen.

The hotel had an unexpected coach load of elderly day trippers stop there for afternoon tea. The afternoon service staff ran out of the usual cakes to serve to the large number of guests, so they supplemented the iced cakes with the “brownies” they found on the cooling trays in the kitchen.

I guess it’s not really a joking matter to serve cannabis to unsuspecting senior citizens but my son said the OAPs seemed to have a whale of a time and were laughing and waving as they were helped onto the coach for their journey home!

I recall a similar happy, laid-back feeling when I hiked in the foothills of the Himalaya - the places we stayed seemed to incorporate marijuana seeds into most of their delicious meals - it is not supposed to give you the “high” that the leaf does but whatever was in those meals, I can only say that I floated up those steep hills as if I was wearing a pair of “K Skips” shoes!
:crazy_face:

Well I would not be pleased, if someone had laced my food or drink with any suspect substance without telling me.
How do they know what medication/allergies/or health problems other people might have? And what about those who might have a long drive home?
Both stupid, and possibly dangerous too, I’d have thought.

3 Likes

I totally agree,@Mups!

I would hope this is not a regular happening. Cannabis affects each of us differently. And as we age, our tolerance for herbs and drugs changes.

Totally unacceptable behavior from folks who just don’t think of others. Perhaps it’s the cannabis
ya think?!?

1 Like

Why wasn’t I invited?

2 Likes

Wow, cannabis in food can cause big problems

It takes longer to get in your bloodstream from your stomach in food than by smoking it etc so people think it’s not doing anything, eat more , then a massive dose hits about an hour later :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

I only had one teeny brownie :.

That is awful, Muddy. Very irresponsible of your hosts. I do hope you feel better very soon.

1 Like

That’s all it takes.

That’s what they all say!!!

There might have been some Mushrooms in it, init.

How are you today, Muddy?

There were some mushrooms in the vol au vents.

I feel better today Mups thank you :slight_smile:

Now we are starting to get the full picture.

I should have made it clear in my story about the cannabis brownies is that the young lads who made them were making them for themselves after their work shift finished and had just left them in the kitchen to cool.

The waitresses who were serving afternoon tea to the senior citizens had no idea they contained cannabis or they would not have served them.

They were lucky that nobody had any adverse effects - in fact, if the management had got to know the two lads were cooking up cannabis cakes for themselves in the hotel kitchen, they would have been fired.

This happened many years ago when my son was about 16 or 17 - needless to say, my son didn’t tell us about it until years later when he was grown up.

Did you save me a piece

I have just found out that the brownies were indeed laced with cannabis .
There was comment that some people at the party ( ie the likes of me ) had no idea and perhaps were on medication / driving and would be adversely affected .
As the average age at the do was pensioner it just proves to me that for some age does not bring wisdom .

1 Like

That’s the problem at any age Muddy when you mingle, even Old Dogs.