Cancer-causing chemicals in your food and drinking water

@susan_m I can honestly say that until recently, and probably caused by repeated attacks of gout, I have had no, or very little trouble with any joint. In 45 years of long distance running if I have spent six months of accumulated injury time I would be over estimating, and most of the injuries have been caused by stupidity…Leaping over stiles or expecting too much from my body. Having said that though, I now have heart problems which could have been caused by years of forced labour and abuse…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Didn’t you have a heart attack? All that exercise couldn’t have been good for you, I prefer Gough Whitlam’s dictum, “I get all the exercise I need from attending the funerals of those that do exercise.”, He lived until he was 98

The main point was problems with the joints Bruce, but I did mention at the end of my post that my heart trouble could have been linked to the extreme running. However, it was mentioned at the time of my first heart attack that had I not been as fit as I was, it might have been fatal.

2 Likes

You look great OGF - you should start YouTubing as well :lol:

P.S is that your pool and if so when are you inviting us all down for a pool party :swimming_man:

1 Like

If it was my pool you would all be more than welcome Azz…
I can offer a hot steaming mug of Yorkshire Tea should you be in the area…
And biscuits…
:teapot:

1 Like

Mug of theakstons old peculiar please.

I’d forget the salad to, unless your growing your own, as they to are hammered with stuff that contributes to ill-health, preservatives,pesticides, feeds you name it. Even when we think we’re doing our bit by buying fresh from supermarkets etc, we arent. Grow your own, or go and buy locally grown.support your local farmers in their ongoing battles with governments trying to change the way we even eat. The way theyve farmed for centuries.

2 Likes

Done d00d…
:+1:
When can I expect you?

2 Likes

More of an old speckled hen kinda person myself

1 Like

Four 500ml cans for £6.00 in Asda.

Sacrilege, in Yorkshire, Yorkshireman expects you to drink Yorkshire beer.

1 Like

John Smiths in the working men’s club I used to go in with my mate. A countrywide beer. Brewed in Tadcaster though.

I dont like canned bear, bottled bear is much nicer, plus if i drink enough i can sit and dream about diy projects with glass bottles.lol

1 Like

I’m with you, never buy canned beer if I can avoid it, always buy a slab of stubbies.

The only advantage of cans is that, if they don’t come out of a cool room, they cool quicker than glass but where would you find a grog shop without a cool room these days?

I think the last time I had canned beer was last Christmas on a cruise where the only decent beer they sold was cans of VB but at least they gave you a chilled glass to go with it. The only bottled beer they sold was the rip off stuff like Tooheys Dry in 330ml bottles.

1 Like

Thats ridiculous, youd think on a cruise youd have more options, though i suppose theyll have their reasons.

sometime soon, perhaps :+1:

1 Like

I’ve had some success with putting rock hard ‘ripen in the bowl’ fruit in the microwave for 20 or so seconds. It can soften the fruit just enough to get it off the stone.

1 Like

Yes it’s fruit with a stone like plums and peaches.

We’ve tried cutting it off the stone but the flesh is tasteless, obviously harvested far too soon. Might try the microwave trick, hmmm …

The nitrites and nitrates found in bacon, ham, sausages etc are proven cancer inducing additives and should be avoided.

1 Like

And in red wine too…

1 Like