Can you reverse park?

Wouldn’t the load be too long to fit in an ordinary single parking space? The nose would be across the parking aisles. :flushed:

1 Like

The drivers who control those large trucks are very skillful at their art.
I watched a driver of a very long articulated truck reverse into a work site in the city off a rather narrow street. Fascinated me. He down it in one go, no backing and filling. I applauded him. So skillful.

1 Like

Actually I disagree with that. Reversing a single large trailer is actually easier than reversing a box trailer, basically the longer the trailer the easier it is is to reverse. (I say that as a semi licence holder - well ex)

Reversing a B Double or a road train now that’s a skill

1 Like

That sounds just like many slots in my local supermarkets. Containment is a word I would not use to describe such poor parking :wink:

1 Like

This guy got off to a bad start but got there in the end.

Yeah, parking in tight spots in a necessity in London, Paris too.

1 Like

He’s a better a better man than me d00d, I always reverse park but under those circumstances I would have found somewhere else. It’s even worse when you’re under pressure because you’re holding all the traffic up… :009:

I couldn’t do that, in fact it would be illegal in NSW, you are supposed to leave 1 metre between vehicles.

When I was visiting the UK an old friend of mine did something similar when parking outside her house.

NSW Police use that rule to disrupt motor cycle gangs by booking them for being too close to another vehicle (ie each other)

Yes, but hate it. I only do it as a last resort.