Can you even contemplate these figures?

The Milky Way Galaxy has an estimated 400 billion Stars,
there are an estimated 170 billion Galaxies in the observable Universe

you mean there are also non-observable universes - sure about this? or just guessing?? heh this is fun!!

1 Like

:smiley: We really do not know how large the universe is, all we can go on is what we can see.
Anything outside that scope is unobservable, that does not mean it it not there.
Some have posited that the real size of the Universe is 23 Trillion light years in diameter. :astonished:

1 Like

That distance has recently been edited, to add another 4.5 inches coz somebody bumped into the telescope while it was downloading the numbers, 1K per week, onto a Commodore 64. Get your facts right!!! :smiley:

1 Like

I read today that all the planets would fit in the gap between the Earth and the Moon. One day I will work it out to see if it is true.

1 Like

one day ya won’t need to ya’ll be on the otherside watching the rest of us!!

1 Like

There’s an awful lot of ‘Estimating’ going on there Bretrick…
:thinking:

1 Like

Some folks need to start walking. instead of estimating :smiley:

2 Likes

There are a couple of scale models of the solar system in Australia. The one I have visited is centred on the telescope at Siding Springs near Coonabarabran.

The telescope dome represents the sun, all the planets are placed at their equivalent distance and scaled to size on boards by the road side.

There is also one on the waterfront in Melbourne though I have never seen that one myself.

1 Like

I prefer this type

1 Like