Can You Believe These Guys?

4 Likes

@ JBR, I expect some MP has buddies in the trenching
industry JB ??
Nod nod wink wink !?
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::-1:

Yes, I understand. I donā€™t remember the source of the article and, to be honest, I didnā€™t read it all, but I think they were talking about more of the local areas. I do know that some people living in rural areas have their domestic supply being supplied by overhead cables, and thatā€™s the normal 240V. Perhaps thatā€™s the sort of thing they were suggesting.

Yes, Iā€™ve seen that video before and very impressive it is too! Still, if birds can do it, so can people.

Incidentally, why do Americans in uniform - any uniform - always feel the need to wear their national flag on their clothing? Do even their bin men do that? :rofl:

Aww thatā€™s a brilliant video Ray, thanks for posting.
Our domestic supply comes in at three phase @JBR ā€¦ 440 volts and is taken off one phase. We had a power outage a couple of years ago and everything was working at half the power it should have been, every other house was involved, I think the neutral went down and it was pulling power from another phase and earth.

News just inā€¦
On my walk today I noticed that the painters were back, except this time I had my camera with me. The mad sods were painting in the rainā€¦
:astonished:

Did I mention that I was laying down when I took the shotsā€¦
:017:
Donā€™t know why that happenedā€¦

3 Likes

Oh, I thought the pylons had fallen down. Well, it has been windy.

1 Like

Thi happens when the size of the pics is too large.

Hi @Dachs, I donā€™t think it is because they are too big, Iā€™ve posted much larger photos before and they were alright.
The originals of these pylons were taken in portrait, but I always try and take them in Landscape. Due to Errā€¦Technical issuesā€¦I couldnā€™t take them in landscapeā€¦(lets call it 'Operator Error!)ā€¦
:flushed:

Have you checked the resolution? Might be too high, too.
Can only say that it worked when I reduced it.

Thanks Dachs Iā€™ll check it outā€¦ :+1:

As someone who hates heights even looking at these photos makes me feel queasy.

1 Like

Fascinating video Dachs. They are not even holding on.

1 Like