Can I just say

LOL, Qetta, it’s addictive!!

Tell me about it!:blush: I better see what my husband is up to, he is busy gardening and probably would like a cuppa.

Yes I have to agree it is one of the friendliest sites. I was on another 50 and over site and that was a nightmare. I like the debates here - no nastiness.

I have been on a couple which were less than pleasant, the one hosted by Friends Reunited left a lot to be desired. The one I have just left thought itself really friendly, but when I introduced some slightly more controversial topics because the saccharine sweetness was rather cloying, the bitchiness was quite horrible on the part of some, not all, posters. I decided to leave because I didn’t think the unpleasant atmosphere, which had been generated, was fair on the decent members.

This forum does seem to be able to accept that we don’t all think alike, and can agree to disagree pleasantly.:slight_smile:

I would like to add a comment about the site now that I have spent some time here feeling my way about. I have found it very relaxing posting and reading other members posts. There appears to be a genuine interest in other people who use the forum. It is an easy forum to use and well planned. Standards for inoffensive communications are well maintained so that posters may take part in a thread without fear of ridicule or oppression. I must give credit to Azz for taking good care of his baby.:041:

It’s good to hear your comments, rueben. I’ve been on it since inception and am so used to it that it’s refreshing to get another’s opinion. Azz runs great forums, I’m a Catsey person also.

And very apt about interest in others: we were all concerned when Nero vanished, sorry to hear Annie was unwell, that Rocky has a cracked rib, etc. I was really touched at all the lovely comments when I was hospitalized for cancer surgery. A nice place indeed! :smiley:

That’s great dandysmom that you get good company and comfort from the forum even when physically most are an ocean apart. I am also a member on Dogsey another forum run by Azz. What a very good fellow he is for uniting people and their common interests with his forums.:023: You must be a honorary member by now.:smiley:

Rueben I’m so glad you resurrected this topic as I haven’t had time to trawl through back-threads as yet.

This is indeed a grand forum, with genuinely nice people. I too have been a member of some forums and I have been provoked and attacked for no reason whatsoever in the past, and this has been by people in their 60s!! The nastiness on some other forums beggars belief at the ages of the aggressors, but this forum is an absolute delight.

The main reason for this is because it would seem to me that Azz is very particular about who he has on this site, and the Moderators do an excellent job, which is not an easy one. I know this because I have my own forum co-piloted with a friend of mine and betwixt us we have to read every single post made. However, ours is yet in its infancy, but we also know the nature of the members whom are pretty much hand-picked, and that’s only because of my past experiences.

I’ve never understood the need for bitchiness or nastiness because, after all, we are in cyber-land, but that takes nothing away from the fact that we are all people and all have thoughts and feelings.

Now that I feel a bit more settled here, I will start to post a bit more because I now know that I’m not going to be attacked, so thank you all for being a darned good crowd of folk. :wink:

I agree with Mollie. This is a lovely forum. As opposed to at least one other forum I have posted on, it is a delight. There is courtesy, common sense and gentle humour. Thank you all.

Forum

Although I’ve been a member since last October I’ve not really spent much time on this forum but I’ve recently decided to stop posting on the forum that I was on almost daily because I found the increasing hypocrisy, sanctimoniousness, smugness and character bashing was really p*****g me off!!!

If you disagree with someone’s post on a forum it’s quite understandable that you might want to register that, but in a polite way, or so I would have thought; not tear someone to pieces, ridicule them or label every syllable they post as “rubbish” and that’s what I was seeing.
I don’t mind at all if someone corrects a statement that I make if I’m wrong either but what gets up my nose is the ones that have to correct or contradict EVERY b****y thing that you post!!!
That’s why I’m here now, learning about everyone and so far I’d agree 100% - it is more friendly! stevmk2

As I said earlier there’s no need for destructive negativism. I wouldn’t stay on a forum that allowed that sort of post; life’s too short. We may disagree here, but do it like adults … reasonably polite adults!

If we were all to think the same, the world would be a boring place.

yes I agree but there is no need to be rude to people, people who are of the same age, we are all here for friendship and contact with another human being, its a cyber family. Annie.

Hi Martin :slight_smile: we are all mature adults here with strong opinions and of course we don’t always agree.

However, it is hoped we can disagree curtiously and without animosity as friends do :slight_smile:

Martin, we like to think we are supportive rather than judgmental to people here. Life is too short for arguments and bitterness at our age, we should be able come here for friendly banter, discussing whatever topic, humour (a smile at a screen is good!), relaxing with cyber friends and often learning new things and giving support to others.

You are very welcome here as is everyone else.:slight_smile:

Aggro who needs it:!: There’s a well used phrase “Life is too short and too fraught” and as most of us grow older it holds more meaning. It’s very nice when we can enjoy some friendly communications without hassle.:023:

We all have our favourite things and we are all different, some of us get out of bed the wrong way at times and are a bit crabby, but we get over it and try not to snap at people. This is where we are lucky if we have a husband or partner as we can take it out of them, what a good arrangement this is.

I too am pleased to be among such polite and understanding people. With age comes wisdom (usually) and this forum has it. Thanks folks.:smiley:

well i tried using my intuition to choose a site that i might find like minded caring people, - hope this is it. :slight_smile:

I think you’ve found it June - a few tiffs - but not often :-p