Can I just say

this seems to be one of the friendliest forums I have been on. I haven’t seen any of the nasty character bashing, foul mouthed posting I see on other sites.

Is it because we are older and wiser :slight_smile:

I think so:lol:

1 Like

I agree Paul, . . we are more civilised. :lol: :lol:

Yes me too…

This is a really friendly palce to be…

Don’t think it’s the older bit… I’m on another ‘older’ site where you only dare venture on it armed to the teeth… think it’s more to do with the quality of the people on it…
:smiley:

eek, don’t tell me where that one is

We are top-quality friendly folk on here-as Tina Turner sang ‘Simply the Best’:smiley:

This is a lovely site…Long may it continue :smiley:

I’ve only been on another of Azz’s forums, Catsey, and it’s like that there too… nice, pleasant civilized people. We’ve rarely had the odd dust-up but nothing vicious or really awful. This is a really friendly site; been on it since the early days and love it. Life is just too short to get involved in one of those nasty slanging situations.

I have to agree this is a wonderfully friendly forum. Maybe after fifty we have learnt more tactful, yet more powerful by far, methods of getting a point across.
Whatever it is it is certainly working on here.

Maybe after fifty we have learnt more tactful,

Tact? Wossat? Summink I nail me carpet down wiv innit?

Speaking of, I probably need to sort out some simple posting guidelines now that we’ve gone ‘live’ - just a few simple do’s and dont’s…

Oh Jeez, here we come the slapping points…

Still, I say rules are made to be broken… bring 'em on!

It’s generally down to the clientele - I don’t think those charming folk who sneer at ‘Tea and biscuits’ fora would fit in here. I don’t think age has much to do with it - there are plenty of geriatric delinquents on a well known over-50s forum associated with Britain’s best selling monthly magazine :roll:

The bonus here is that the Boss actually cares about what happens and, being an individual, can lay down his own guidelines and stick to them.

Long may it continue and long may we all remember our manners. If you disagree with an opinion there’s nowt wrong with putting an alternative view - politely and respectfully. If the conversation goes downhill, then walking away from it isn’t a bad plan of action. And if there’s somebody who really gets up your nose - press the ignore button and you’ll never have to read their nonsense again … Oh! Where did everybody go? :shock:

The bonus here is that the Boss actually cares about what happens and, being an individual, can lay down his own guidelines and stick to them.

Does that mean I can’t break them then?

Sheesh - this place isn’t going to be any fun… :frowning:

:wink:

I also agree that it is a lovely friendly place to be but I also have always found Dogsey to be friendly as well!

I always say - it’s nice to be nice - and find that everyone here is extremely friendly and welcoming.

Well done to Azz for his hard work in putting the board on.

I say well done to Azz to

I have joined other sites and then only stayed a little while as I have felt totally out of place but must say I feel at home here…

It must be the the lovely welcome mat placed at the front door when I joined

I agree, plus this is still a relatively small and select band of people, being a lifelong cynic I expect that to change as we grow bigger but let us hope we stay civilised for as long as possible. BTW the LHM does a good job on here and Dogsey.

What’s LHM?

Im becoming addicted to this site. Much better than most sites,all arguing and backstabbing with each other. Who wants that at our tender age? Well mine at least:-))

I’ll slap your legs, if you don’t behave young man!
Sheeesh! I only brought him out for a short time.:blush:

I agree, I’m on a couple of other forums and theres quite a few undertones in some of the posts. Dont know why people just dont leave if they have a problem, why spoil it for everyone else. Everyone seems lovely on here:-D

I hope we all continue to be allowed to enjoy this wonderful site, we don’t need bickering and arguments. As it is now, we all appear to respect each other, have fun and a laugh, discuss some serious topics if we wish and are allowed to make suggestions as to what we would like to see on here.

Azz has put a lot of thought into it has given us this great forum and come up with something that little bit different. I say “well done, Azz” we’ll try not to let you down! :023: :058: