Can everyone sing?

Here is Ed Sheeran singing at 14 years old. It’s cracking and off key. He had a hit 5 years later at 19 years old. He says anyone can do it if they set their minds to it.

Can everyone sing?

2 Likes

I think everyone can sing,it`s just that some sing badly.

2 Likes

It ranges from perfect pitch to tone deaf.

2 Likes

My singing is truly appalling…I sing like a possum!
Some people could sing not very well and become iconic however.

1 Like

My voice now at 80+ is somewhat creaky and definitely not melodious to anyone’s ears.
There was a time, from around 16-17 to 50ish when my voice earned plenty of part time remuneration (Bari-tenor), but the death of it was just prior to my 60th birthday when I suffered several TIA’s and the during last I inhaled my own vomit, which almost destroyed my voice completely.

2 Likes

Four of us sang in a four church choir. I was the bass. That and a few other venues. Later in life I sang songs for my children for fun things and then a gentle melody to get then to go to sleep.

4 Likes

I sang in the bus from age 4, so I was told. LOL! Papa had an extensive collection of vinyls and encouraged me to sing with the music. By age 8, I was accepted in our church choir’s, until age 12.

I did loads of singing in school plays and other occasions. My biggest problem was my nerves. Back then, I shook terribly in public, but on the church balcony I saw no one looking at me, so that was easier…

Nowadays, I’m always muttering a tune under my breath. I hear compliments about my singing. I was a soprano and it’s changed a little to alto.

However, I’ve been told in the early 80s that I sang just like Karen Carpenter. I don’t know, I’m not making anything about it…

1 Like