Can anybody recommend a good psychological thriller?

A good psychological thriller?

I’ve not found a really good one since ‘Behind Closed Doors’ by B A Paris.

1 Like

So many good ones but here’s a list of the top 100
I’ve seen quite a few of them on the list and can’t pick just one

Evening Carol…one of my all time favourites is “The Sixth Sense” starring Bruce Willis. I’ve seen it so many times now but never tire of it…:cool:

These are ones I’ve seen from the list that were good but scared. None are overly gory.

Silence of the Lambs
The Game
The Shining
The Ring
Insomnia
Panic Room
Primal Fear
Side Effects
A Perfect Murder
Flat Liners
What Lies Beneath
Hannibal
The Sixth Sense
Killing Room
Copycat

A good one is “The girl on the Train” by Paula Hawkins - I enjoyed that very much. Don’t, whatever you do, watch the film they made of it - they transported the action to america and wrecked the entire story.

“The Cry” - is a good one - much better than the TV series.

“You can fool me once” by Harlan Coburn - kept me guessing.

“A Dark adapted eye” by Barbara Vine - strange but good.
“Lady of Hay” - also Barbara Vine - read that one several times.

[quote=“carol, post: 1551065”]
A good psychological thriller?

I’ve not found a really good one since ‘Behind Closed Doors’ by B A Paris.[/QUOT

Do you mean books Carol?? You havnt said pschological thriller in what…film/book??

Best Sellers in Psychological Thrillers
#1. Silent Victim. Caroline Mitchell. …
#2. Burial of Ghosts: Passion and Death Collide in… …
#3. The Sleeping and the Dead: A Stunning… …
#4. Holy Island: A DCI Ryan Mystery (The DCI Ryan… …
#5. The Girl Before. …
#6. In Her Shadow. …
#7. You Let Me In: The most chilling, unputdownable… …
#8. The Murderer’s Son: A Jackman and Evans Thriller.

In recent years I’ve read a number of stories by Sophie Hannah. A Room Swept White might be a good into to her stuff.

The Frieda Klein series by Nicci French. There’s one for everyday of the week, so best start with Blue Monday.

I quite enjoyed “before I go to sleep” by S J Watson. Unfortunately they take a good book to Hollywood and it’s ruined.

I agree - they have done that with so many that I am surprised any author allows film makers near their books any more. No-one expects a word for word screen play - but they could, at least, stick to the story.

[quote=“Aysa, post: 1551174”]

Yes I mean books.
I think films are discussed on another forum.:slight_smile:

Carol I think you’d enjoy You Let Me In by Lucy Clarke.

Also the Freida Klein series by Nicci French (i think someone already mentioned this fabulous series)…start with Blue Monday.

Try Lies by T M Logan.

I just read it, and couldn’t figure it out until the very end.
It’s a good read.

I can recommend all of Ruth Rendell’s psychological thrillers, including those she wrote as Barbara Vine.

My mother states that she can only read thrillers written by men but I disagree.

Thanks - that’s a good recommendation for something for me to watch today. I’ve only seen it once, years ago now.

EDIT: I know this is a books thread.