Can anybody recommend a good hose pipe that doesn’t kink please?

Can anybody recommend a good hose pipe that doesn’t kink please?

I’m needing a new one.

1 Like

I have two of these heavy duty ones, Carol, and keep them on a reel so they don’t kink.
Never had any problem with them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Professional-Heavy-Yellow-Hosepipe-Garden/dp/B01AUUBMLA/ref=sr_1_6?adgrpid=51910074143&dchild=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_t38u4Xh8QIVxevtCh27AQyUEAAYASAAEgLvXfD_BwE&hvadid=259129714543&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1006653&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=727099416521796119&hvtargid=kwd-328106239080&hydadcr=5945_1758475&keywords=heavy+duty+hose+pipes&qid=1626213531&sr=8-6

Mine’s on a reel but somehow it’s become full of kinks. Yours says ‘Professional’ though so probably better than mine.

I was wondering if those flexible ones are any good?

Mine is pretty heavy, Carol. I’ve had them a few years now and still good as new.

Do you mean those lightweight ones that sort of concertina up?

I have never tried them myself. Perhaps someone tomorrow will be able to offer some knowledge of them.

Yes they’re the ones I mean…

We have a concertina hose they’re quite good, I also have a hose on a reel which never kinks, the trick with the expanding ones are, when you’ve finished, turn off the water and open the end of your gun ( or whatever you use) and just let it do its thing, it’s fascinating to watch it shrink like a snake ( no , not what you’re thinking:blush:) , if you don’t want one of those then invest in a good quality one, those cheap hoses aren’t much use at all,

Plenty of complaints but not all bad as they are lightweight which is a definite plus…

I really need to get one but I’m a bit worried that Tony won’t be able to handle a really heavy one. He’s a bit on the frail side.

Thanks for the answers so far…

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/france/

Hmmm - the complaints have put me off that American one.

Thanks anyway Dianne.:slight_smile:

We had quite a few over the years, even some saying guaranteed with normal usage for many years…
Discussed with Husband earlier and says…they all kink in varying degrees and cheap ones are a complete waste of money…medium priced upwards are much stronger…but he says they all kink…

Whether there are some flexible but higher standard ones, I do not know right now…Try doing some reading of reviews on a few different sites…you might find some are better…

I’ve given it a lot of thought & have decided on the one Mups recommended.

Just sent for it from Amazon…

I hope it is suitable for you and Tony.
Mine is a Hozelock heavy duty one.

If you put it one of those reels, Tony should be able to manage as he only need unravel what he wants, then rewind it so it shouldnt be too heavy for him.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

I just ordered one of these because you said they were what you’d got.

Now you tell me yours is a Hozelock!!

So the ones you just recommended are not the ones you’ve got?

I just hope it’s ok.

I’m so sorry Carol. I meant mine is one like this, I didn’t specifically mean that exact make.

Both look exactly the same though, so I expect it’s just different brand names.
I have just read that Hozelock fittings also fit both makes too, so it should be fine.
Sorry again for the confusion.

No worry. I have just contacted Amazon & requested a cancellation. I hope it’s not too late.

I was looking for personal recommendation of hoses that people had actually got & used.

I only ordered it because you said you’d got ‘Two of these’ so I thought they must be alright. perhaps I would have understood they weren’t the ones you’d got if you’d said you have ‘Two like these’

Anyway - not to worry. If my cancellation is too late I’ll just have to send it back!!

I am on a gardening forum & had lots of answers on there. The majority advise me to look at Gardena if I want good quality - which I do.

I have one of the concertina ones that was mentioned earlier. They are incredibly light to handle and coil up to hang over a hook afterwards. It looks like this. Mine is shorter and, checking my order history, is manufactured by Herzo (couldn’t find the precise one on Amazon).

How long have you had it Dex?

Does it have any faults you don’t like?

Had it for about 4 years now. No faults so far, other than having to replace the spray gun every year or so (don’t know whether it’s just me, but these guns never seem to last long!!).

As someone else posted, after use turn the tap off and keep the gun open to depressurize it. Apart from its lightness, I’ve never had a kink in it, which is always a bonus.

The only thing I would say is that, unlike normal hoses, you can’t shorten it since the tap connectors are crimped on at each end. Not that you’d want to, but I’ve sometimes taken a short piece off my standard hose for other purposes (don’t ask!!!)