Can anybody guess?

We know a song about this one don’t we children?

1 Like

We do indeed. :laughing:

I once spent a couple of weeks travelling by canal boat to visit this place.
I imagined it would be something really special, so I was disappointed to find it was stuck in the middle of a rather ugly looking mundane roundabout on a busy junction - you couldn’t even get across the busy road to have a good look at it - and I didn’t get to see the fine lady or the white horse! :frowning_face:

1 Like

Banbury Cross?

1 Like

Yes, you are both correct. 'Tis indeed Banbury Cross. I was most disappointed on my last visit there when I failed miserably to find a purveyor of Banbury Cakes.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of Banbury Cakes - just looked them up - they sound delicious!
I love Eccles Cakes and Banbury Cakes sound similar.
I will be on a mission to find them if I ever go down there again.

1 Like

They are indeed similar, but perhaps the fruit within is a little drier/less sticky than Eccles cakes if my memory does not deceive me.

Now, does anyone have a photo’ of the town of Lardy, because I adore Lardy cakes as well.

1 Like

:rofl:
Can’t oblige with Lardy pics :rofl:

But I visited this place a few months ago and tried two of its own traditional buns :wink:
one was nice, the other was not so good.

St Lukes church at Chelsea??

1 Like

Good guess - but it’s not Chelsea Buns I was thinking of.
I’ll add another pic I took in this place, as an extra clue

Bath ?

2 Likes

Bath Abbey to be exact.

1 Like

@Muddy
@Melgal70

You are both right. :+1:

The earlier discussion re cakes and pastries named after the places they were created reminded me I tried a delicious Bath Bun when I visited Bath.
I also went to Sally Lunns to try those famous Bath bread buns - I wasn’t keen on those.

Well known seaside resort.

guess.1,

Skegness

Yes - the famous clock tower. :blush:

1 Like

You get a cracking view by here.

Is that the tower overlooking Niagara Falls?

1 Like

Yes, it’s the Skylon Tower on the Canadian side of the Falls. :+1:

1 Like

I remember seeing the tower but we never went up there - I’m not sure why we didn’t because I bet the views are fab from there (though we had a spectacular view from the hotel room we stayed in - it was on the highest floor, with a huge picture window overlooking the top of the Falls)
We did go on the Maid of the Mist and on a walk through the rock behind the Falls - thanks for the photo - it brought back some great memories. :grinning:

1 Like

We’ve been up the tower a few times, had lunch in the revolving restaurant, (don’t leave your handbag in the windowsill!) and a buffet lunch in the fixed restaurant above it, and yes, the views are spectacular.

We had a jacuzzi suite in the Embassy Suites hotel overlooking both falls, and had a buffet lunch in the Cheriton Hotel overlooking the American Falls on our first visit as part of a bus tour.

Best of all were the jellycopter rides.

1 Like