Can anybody guess?

Nova Scotia?

1 Like

Yes! But it’s the Cabot Trail specifically which is on Cape Breton Island.

1 Like

Try this one - not my photo -

2eadxwe (2)

Spot on Boot, and a decent climb
Good photo by the way
 :+1:

Nice! I was going to suggest Malham or Buttertubs Boot, I’ve been to the Buttertubs, but not to Malham
Yet!

How about this one? Not much to go on, but if you don’t get it I’ll give you a clue

1 Like

Yes, I recognise that Trig point too!
I’m not a trig bagger but I grew up with the North Yorks Moors on my doorstep and I still live close enough for it to be one of my regular walking areas.

1 Like

OK, here’s a “guess the town” pic - does anybody recognise this fabulous clock and know where it is?

1 Like

Is it Chester Boot?

1 Like

Spot on.
I thought Chester was an enchanting town, with so much interesting and historic architecture.
My photo of the clock, taken from that angle, doesn’t do it justice but it’s reputed to be the next most photographed clock in Britain, after Big Ben.

1 Like

It’s a better photo than mine Boot, Mine was scanned from a photo I took with a conventional camera. I agree about Chester, a walk around the walls is ideal.

It was a guess, Bratti. Looked like a place I’d seen on TV.

1 Like

https://superhypeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tumblr_m3gj2mlIOi1rrwau6o1_500.jpg

Led Zeppelin album cover 1972

1 Like

You were right. Cape Breton is in Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia is the entire province though. :+1:

1 Like

Ahem!

striding edge, lake district

1 Like

That’s the one - photo taken at Sunrise. A fantastic place to be!

1 Like

Not sure if anyone else has answered this further down the page -

That looks like Striding Edge, Helvellyn - my son challenged me to do it again with him in 2019 - glad I did it then, in pre-Covid days, cos I doubt I’ll ever be fit enough to do it again!

1 Like

Oops! I see someone had already answered! :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I’m a bit late to this thread, but what a lovely idea.

I’ve been up there in my yoof, many centuries ago now. It’s not far from the Mousey Thompson workshop.
The water at the bottom is called a misfit stream I believe, because it doesn’t come from the water at the top. I always thought it would be fantastic if the lake on top could be persuaded to run over the escarpment because it would make one spectacular waterfall.

2 Likes