Camera v camcorder

I won’t mention which site I am cracking on about but getting really pissed off with another member on there.
So what is it all about? this particular member is totally blind on anything to do with camcorders saying all they produce poor quality etc. Seeing they have never been near a professional camcorder comes out with a load of BS. All this person can see is the latest on cameras used for video and even pointing out they overheat and have a limited record time to name a couple of issues, no notice taken.

What I don’t get is how anyone can be so anti yet no experiece of use. still you just cannot enlighten some people even when pointing out the advantages.
Had a look at what I believe was this persons album and oh my god talk about lack of contrast and out of focus and supposed to be a “professional” Photographer based in the USA I think.

“O, wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
It wad frae monie a blunder free us,
An’ foolish notion"

1 Like

What is it your trying to write in English? I don’t really know the Australian language to understand your post

:grinning: It’s Scottish

Would some power a gift give us to see ourselves as others see us?

1 Like

that is why it doesn’t make sense. :rofl:

It does make sense.

I have a certainly sympathy for his views. All that money that you have spent on a camcorder, and other equipment when a pretty ordinary phone does the same job, Nothing wrong with that, it is your money of course and your hobby.

A couple of days ago I made my first attempt at creating and editing a video entirely in my phone, now I am not claiming this is a great video - I took a few four second shots just to try it. the whole process from begining to end including editing the individual clips took me about 15 minutes. (Yeah, I know, it shows)

Apparently I could also include still shots as well. Adding music was child’s play.

I have the phone anyway so you could say it was at zero cost and I also don’t look like a pack animal carrying a camera, tripod, microphone, batteries etc.

I am pleased with the result. I think it 1080p but could be 720p - I can’t remember how I set my phone’s camera. I might do more in future. Lets face it eyes are not good enough for 4K.

Just look at the number of people who are making a living on TicToc and YouTube with nothing more than a good phone and a ring light.

I have noticed on my current trip that I am the only person carrying and using an actual camera even if it is only a modest compact. Everybody else is using their phone for both video and stills. It is a different world.