Camera dilemma choice

Choice 1
I could take the Nikon and a couple of lenses and better for low light but terrible to zoom or pan leaving the camera to do automatically. can record on 2 memory cards but at the same time. No 4k video

choice 2
I could take the small compact, easy to carry does 4k video and stills but only 1 memory card and short battery life but have 2 spare batteries. Job to zoom in as poor image stablisation

choice 3
camcorder 2 card slots and be used in relay mode so little worry about lack of memory. excellent zoom and very steady hand held does not take stills but get good screen shots from video frames. Does 4K

choice 4
the compact camera and one of the others can’t take all three for various reasons

So I was thinking of just taking compact and camcorder.

Ay thought to help me decide please or questions. THis is for a fly/criuise holiday

Speedy, you mean with all the stuff you seem to have, you havent got anything that’s easy to drop in a suitcase and take on holiday with you?

How does anyone else know what you expect to do with it once you get there anyway? This is down to your own personal choice, surely?

Mups I would never put camera in a suitcase especially the way airport workers throw them around , it all goes in cabin on the aircraft floor or on my lap, not even in an overhead locker.
Yes you are correct it is really down to me I suppose. Do I want to take mainly stills or videos is the question I keep asking myself.

Do i want something like this video

or like this still

not good examples but give the idea of which is better to look at

Like I said, no one can decide what you need to take, except you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Its a bit like me asking you if I should take my pink frock or my blue one. :smiley:

definately pink more sexy and a man puller

1 Like

Ok. The pink one it is then. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hang on, didn’t you buy the camcorder specifically with this holiday in mind? I am pretty sure you said that you did.

Not to take the camcorder would make it a waste of a large amount of money. Take the compact to keep in your pocket.

Why would you want to lug a DSLR around with you on holiday? The camcorder is quite big enough.

Easy as.

You are correct as usual Bruce

RS, you could buy a small power bank for your compact, so at least if you are in the middle of somewhere scenic, it would boost the battery enough to get some shots/video, until you got somehwere to charge it. They cost between £20 & £30 on amazon.

Is there one that helps with grammar? That was painful to read.

More on topic, which one would allow you to enjoy the experience you have while there more. It would be my idea of hell going somewhere like that and lugging stuff around like a camel.

Also, you mentioned in other threads you are getting fit but you seem to struggle walking quite short distances at the moment and it sounds like.quite a bit of equipment you are planning on carrying around with you.

I would think about those who are with you (unless this is a solo trip) and how it may impact their enjoyment too if you have to stop to rest all the time as everything is so heavy.

As others have mentioned though, you will know your use case better than anyone. I look forward to looking at some of your photos though as some you have posted on here are really good.

Wow that is a huge mouthful to take in all at once BurtSavage and indigestionable . Your idea of a holiday seems far different from mine , However having done so many holidays like this I think I have some idea of what to expect and which days out to choose from.
The only difference with this one is using a larger camcorder and transporting creates a bit of a problem.
Maybe you have not heard of the covid pandemic and the restrictions on movement but that limited what we could and could not do. also just got over having a bad cold didn’t help. So after 2 years everyone who obeyed to regulations should be doing the same taking exercise. Me being 77years old getting back to fitness takes a time

quote " That was painful to read." unquote

Just one more thing worth a mention it seems strange to me that you find reading painful so possible a trip to SpecSavers might be able to help or a good optometrist. Maybe you have some sort of eye problem such as glaucoma as I have . The best thing is to see your Dr and discuss your problem with him/her

Sorry, I didn’t mean for you to get so defensive and I am not sure the passive aggressive response was really warranted, but oh well.

It was all meant in a light hearted way and thinking practically. I guess that is the problem with the internet, tone is hard to read too. I will be more wary in future that there may be those with a thinner skin than me, I know I can come across as quite direct in real life. I apologise for any perceived offense.

Still look forward to seeing some shots though.

Apology accepted. I know it is hard to convey written when face to face is easy

And this is why little smiley faces were invented :smiley: