Camera comparison

TAKING STILLS

I won’t show the photos I took as a comparison between a Nikon D810 full frame camera with a Tamron lens against a panasonic DC TZ95 . I have to admit that considering the price difference, If your not one of these pixel peepers and highly critical of the results the compact with a lot smaller sensor is the better option . this is without editing

TAKING VIDEO

So having done a side by side test per above, now I tried doing the same test using the video quality. This is where the difference stands out . The Nikon as above and only doing a panning test (not zoom) produced a vey smooth video and excellent picture quality. The Panasonic failed in this test by stuttering while panning and picture quality not as good as with stills. I can’t find a way to increase shutter speed in video mode only in still mode to sort this issue out.

Of course this are just what I thought/found from both. Considering the price difference of several hundreds of £ the panasonic is a worthy contender. It all depend on what standard of photography your aiming at .ie happy snapper v dedicated pro type,still v video.

I am certain the serious photographers on here will appreciate your post, Realist.

Being a Happy Snapper - my little Canon Pixma suits me well - never go anywhere without it - wish it had a better zoom facility though.

who is Realist? think there used to be one with that name

I do apologise - victim of predictive text and did not check before pressing ‘reply’. Please forgive me.