Caithness County Show

These are a selection from last years Caithness Show.

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing , the last show i went to was on the Isle of Man some years ago .

1 Like

It’s like an episode of ‘This Farming Life’!

1 Like

My OH is a Farmer lol. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Although we life in France we have set up our satellite reception of UK television channels so it is registered at a Perthshire post code. So we get BBC Scotland and This Farming Life !!

1 Like

Do you get “The Highland Vet”? That’s our Vet and our Farm is sometimes on the programme.

1 Like

Right, going to watch it

1 Like

That’s a fantastically turned out semi rig in your 1st photo Rox :+1:
I adore most of those especially the new 3 axel Actros with it’s extra grunt👇

1 Like

The only similar event that I can recall visiting was Ardingly… not that I’m well versed in these matters.
It was a good day out regardless :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ardingly is indeed a good day out. They have some good antique fairs and also splendid boot sales there👍

2 Likes

Yes, I took my son when he was younger, probably not long before COVID .

I’ll have to make a point of penciling in the dates for this year…a good day out!

2 Likes

I like the sheep.What breed are they?

1 Like

I think they are Cheviots, would have to ask himself to be sure. :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks Rox. I used to go to the ‘Bishop Wilton’ show near York every year. They had sheep dog trials, arts and crafts, a beer tent, and a sheep and cattle show…It was way out in the country, but I used to go to run in the half marathon. It was the most hilly’est half marathon I ever ran, but the most enjoyable. I ran it eight times, and it was the last half marathon I ever ran.
I used to look forward to walking round the show afterwards and visiting all of the stalls…
Good times…

1 Like

I was in the Pipe band in the army and hated these shows, we played at so many of them, we were not allowed the luxury of wellies…lol… and cow-shit and spats are not best friends
Spats, now theres a fashion item that could be brought back, i reckon the last movie actor i saw in spats was George Raft…lol

2 Likes