Bucket list

Did you crib my bucket list Roj :023:
You’re meant to tell us what’s ticked off Roj but ok…

Limited entry but I’ve always fancied seeing Bhutan myself

Ok, I shall stick with Turkey then…not a problem, so long as its from on high! :smiley:

1 Like

You’re no misery Artangel :hug:
It’s your prerogative :slight_smile:

Just know that you’re relentlessly hounded on the streets of Istanbul to buy the wares on display and don’t follow men into alleys saying their shop is just inside either unless you have someone to protect you :027:

1 Like

Go for it Pixie - it is a wonderful experience!:smiley:

1 Like

Done:-

Flight in a hot air balloon
Go to India
Flight in a Tiger Moth
Achieved my BSc (with distinction)
Become a published author

To do:

Still working on it!

1 Like

ST - awesome! What’s the book title ? :slight_smile:

Update: sorry ST I realised you’d have to give your identity away - apologies scrap that

Not a book, Minx, poetry and short stories in several anthologies. I do have a novel in the pipeline though!!:smiley:

1 Like

Oh I love poetry - I’m busy with the Poets Progress at the moment :hug:

Umm, ok…maybe I shall stick to a small ride in the UK then…! :shock:

1 Like

I agree Artangel! I have had a good life & enjoyed doing many things so I am content.
If a genie arrived and gave me one wish, the only thing I would want is to outlive my cats so I know none of them would suffer when I was not here to care for them.

I often wonder if people who do have bucket lists have regrets when they are dying, because they haven’t completed the list.:frowning:

1 Like

Apart from dreams that will never come true…Such as surfing Waimea Bay in Hawaii, Jamming with the Stones and opening my own “Mediterrasian” food restaurant. Before i die i would like to do a few things some for the first time , some again.

I lived in San Francisco for a year. It was a “sister city” house swap with a couple in the Noe Valley. I had a ball there as they did living in our house here. I would love to live there one more time…briefly

Id love to see Africa…MINX!..

See the Wallabies win the World Cup at Stadium Australia

Watch an Ashes test at Lords.

Get a really good blues band together again with some old blues hacks.

Get maried to Annie again and have my son Peter as my best man.

I love the life ive had so i will be happy if i just get to the end of it not in pain with those i love with me.

2 Likes

You’re welcome in Africa anytime :slight_smile:

The All Blacks are probably going to win into perpetuity :frowning:

Why don’t you plan a renewal of your vows :slight_smile:

Nice Twick - I think a person will always have a level of regret:-(

There’s only one thing I really want to do so it’s not really a Bucket List. I want to visit the Isle of St Kilda way out in the Atlantic ocean, it’s roughly a 6 hour trip to get there in a small boat. You can only go at certain times when permission is granted. But the history of the people and it’s way of life has always fascinated me. Mum told me she remembered when the last of the islanders were taken off the island to live in Glasgow (I think) I can’t begin to imagine how they managed.
Coming from one of the Hebridian Islands myself and spending a lot of my childhood on Mull I’m always interested in the other islands.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=st+kilda+scotland+history&docid=608039177348734654&mid=C730704640100AFCEF5CC730704640100AFCEF5C&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

1 Like

Just remembered something to go on mine -

Climb Scafell Pike - have done all the rest in the Lake District - just missed that one!

1 Like

How about York Pixie?

1 Like

Ticked off 36 full marathons, including London and Snowdon, 63 half marathons, and an endless list of fell runs over 40 miles in the wild places…

Still to do…The Comrades Marathon…

https://www.over50sforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16358&stc=1&d=1626777180

Might have left this one too long…:frowning:

1 Like

Right from when I was eleven and first saw a picture of the Pão de Açúcar (Sugarloaf Mountain) in Brasil I wanted to see it in the flesh. Eventually I did in 1995. I was not disappointed and the view from the top is gobsmacking! That’s all.

1 Like