Broadband how much do you pay?

Who do you mean? If it’s me, I’m with Telekom.

Thank you I meant anyone

I’m with ZEN broadband and home phone unlimited calls , £43 a month
Don’t use my mobiles a lot but one is with EE and the other with Gifgaf(O2) PAYG

Plusnet , I’ve been with them a long time , I’m unsure if I’m paying too much but I have wi fi , broadband , and home phone , calls up to 1 hr included. I’m tied in for another 18 months . £31.28 a,month . My sister moaned while she was with me saying my broadband and WiFi were slow on her posh I phone , but it suits me and I don’t have any problems with slow

1 Like

It’s time to review the situation. I’m paying about £130/quarter for BB and a phoneline I never use, thu BT. We’ve now got fibre optic in our street, a major operation by a company called G Network, I don’t yet know who the providers will be.

2 Likes

I am still struggling with this .
We have had to call BT everyday and still can’t get it right first they renew our contract for £82 per month . Then I cancelled that which they said would take 24 hours and then they would tell me new deals . It took three days ! Right now they have offered me their lowest deal which is £62 a month I shall cancel this tomorrow as they are offering £30 a month on the adverts ( I have only just seen them )
You see I find the whole thing frustrating because I don’t understand how to change the phone and the TV and all the boxes etc that go with it . Line rental and all this stuff . I which life was not so complicated .all I know is that they are ripping us off and have been doing so for years .

1 Like

@Muddy, sorry if I’m asking the obvious, but why arent you using a price comparison site such as uswitch and then let your preferred nominated provider sort things out?

If its anything like Virgin, you’ll be eligible for the low price £30 introductory deal (or whatever is available at the time) offered by BT after you’ve left them for a year.

@Muddy You are not giving me hope my BT contract expires this Oct and I am going to ring them next week as cannot get any offers on their website

Because Dex I don’t understand how it all works .
Before I had BT I had freeview and somehow got talked into BT .
If I change providers do I have to change my land line in short I have no idea how it all works .
So if I changed to sky or some other people would they do all that ?

1 Like

Kazz they don’t seem to want to give existing customers any deals .
I tried on their website too

Yes I thought as much as tried on Uswitch and if you already have a provider and they want to keep you like Sky they give you offers. Have you tried the “options” team on 0800800030 (God knows what that means) but I was told last year when I thought I was “out of contract” a year ago to ring them so I will.

Give it a try

Depends on your choice of new provider, but it should be clear when you sign up or talk to them. But most providers will let you keep your landline and make the arrangements for you.

Thanks I will but I am so tired of all this hassle .
It’s a nightmare I seem to spend hours on the phone getting no where .
I have just had to have some stuff notarised and even the utility bill had to be done because it’s a print out as they are all paper free now so everything is a print out .

2 Likes

If I were a new BT customer, I could get £29.99 a month and a £150 virtual reward card, Not sure what if any deal I get if any. I know I need to have time and a plan before ringing been with BT for broadband since 2001 fingers crossed Will keep you updated

I am stepping into the arena tomorrow, so fingers crossed as they say “I am Spartacus” LOL

1 Like

I also am calling them back tomorrow not looking forward to it at al, .

1 Like

Ah ha we will have a pincer movement wear them down. Take no prisoners we can win this my friend.

2 Likes

I can commiserate with you both as it is a nightmare to change. I thought it would be so effortless but it wasn’t at all.
I cried my heart out with worry and stress trying to arrange it all…when l knew nothing about it all and changing providers.
Discovering l couldn’t just have Talk Talk fibre optic broadband and keep my BT phone line and number took me over the edge! .Only Talk Talk wiring was now coming into my house and BT was going to make me pay £67 to cancel my contract.

With hindsight, it has saved me money as l was paying £80+ a quarter for my BT landline and hardly using it, as most people were ringing me on my mobile phone.
I now get incoming calls to my Talk Talk landline for nothing but l have to pay for outgoing calls. The drawback is, l had to have a new number but at least l no longer receive any of those scam/nuisance calls.

1 Like

Don’t go with BT at all…they have a weird monthly pricing scheme, which varies from month to month. When I asked them in one of those online chat boxes, if they could break it down date by date…they couldn’t. They told me one month I pay in advance, then another month they took it from the middle of the month, citing some date of when I fell behind in payments so ended up owing them money. Considering I paid by DD on the 1st of the month, I failed to see how that worked :rage:

We pay £19 a month with Three. As our phones are on that network we get the Internet a bit cheaper. It’s not massively fast but as neither of us play games online that doesn’t matter.