British GP - new format

The new format launches this afternoon.
I can’t believe Silverstone is in your backyard yet no one is attending :102:

I’d give anything to see an F1 race live :075:

[ATTACH]16318.vB[/ATTACH]

I know someone who is going and I wish he wasn’t .
His wife is having chemotherapy for cancer and vulnerable to covid.
He is staying in a camper van with his son and will be very hot there today.

It would be my worst nightmare Minx…:shock:
You need to be there two days before to find a good spot to camp, the road leading past Silverstone (which is a main North South route to Oxford and beyond) is completely closed for three days unless you are going to Silverstone. So many people in such a small space would be my idea of hell! And to sit on a wasp and fly covered grassy bank, only ever seeing the cars over the heads of the spectators in front every 90 seconds or so as they flash past at 200 mph, and paying hundreds of pounds for the privilege fills me with despair…:frowning:
I enjoy F1 from the comfort of my sofa clutching a mug of steaming Yorkshire tea and a chocolate biscuit to dunk. At least I can keep a track of who is doing what and when…And meander to the toilet when the need arises…:cool:

I pray he doesn’t get Covid:-(

Well, if you put it that way… having never experienced it myself how was I to know sly old grey fox

If I were to choose, Singapore night race or the Australian Grand Prix.

In my dreams would be Kayalami :frowning:

That’s exactly right. I saw some of the junior races but that was a long time ago in my student days.

I’ve been in the past but just for qualifying and I used to go when they were able to do tyre testing, but foxys right, yes you don’t get the atmosphere, but you see more of the action from the comfort of your sofa, and you don’t have to queue for ages to use the toilet…

I suppose so :frowning: talk about dousing a flame :069:

I bet it was a totally different experience Visitor :hug:

It was certainly different. Nothing like the safety precautions for a start.

I recall those races - not much safety concerns at all.

I went to watch the Malaysian GP once when I happened to be there on a business trip. What a waste of time and money. I would have seen much, much more of the racing on TV than I actually saw at the track.

Exactly that OGF !!
Don’t think you missed a thing there ??

Donkeyman !

I’m beginning to see that my dream might actually be a nightmare :100:

Best I turn on the telly

Well l think this sprint formula has some merit ??
The proof of the pudding comes tomorrow !!
Too much media chinwag though l think ??

Donkeyman!

Sorry Minx…:frowning:

In my younger day I used to go and watch the motor bike racing at Mallory Park, seat of your pants stuff…:shock: and the riders took risks too…:smiley:
The atmosphere was awesome, the riders used to switch off their engines and wait for the flag…That few moments of silence before the start you could hear a pin drop…Even the spectators went quiet, then all hell broke loose…:cool:

Grass track racing was my favourite when I was older…All different classes of cars would race around a poorly marked grassy field, although bumping was allowed, it wasn’t the aim of the race, just making it around the the requisite number of laps and finishing in first place was the challenge. I enjoyed it so much, we even entered a car…:surprised: Spectators parked around the track, and woe betide anyone who parked too close…There were casualties…

That sounds so epic! Those were the days hey!

Great times Minx with no worries or responsibilities and the world seemed…Well…Less ordered…:cool:

Did you see the crash in the 1st lap with Hamilton and Verstappen!

Be still my beating heart :049: