Britain Green By 2030

Exactly.

Aircraft carriers’ sole purpose is power projection away from our shores. The Falklands war was a prime example of when they were really needed (just before our government scrapped them!), but such a situation is unlikely to happen again now that we have based a sufficiently strong air and land component on those islands for their effective defence. Other overseas territories are either a lot closer (eg, Gibraltar) or highly unlikely to be attacked by a foreign power.

All we need now is an efficient and effective force to protect our homeland and, of course, its waters. Aircraft carriers are surplus to requirements. The RAF is capable of home defence if push comes to shove and can be an effective force to any distance necessary for our own defence. The Army, having now been decimated, is probably still sufficient to defend us against any attack on our shores.

We must accept that we are no longer a world power capable of extending our assets to far-flung places. The defence of our island is all we should concern ourselves with now. As long as we have the means to do that effectively, we need fear no enemy incursion including into our legal sea territories. As you say, we need to ensure an effective force of ships to defend our North Sea area.

Like getting rid of humans by making the planet inhospitable for us?

Absolutely spot on both of you.

I was talking to an ex-Toyota salesman this morning about “going electric” and he told me that Toyota, Birmingham has 2 cars in at the moment because the battery packs have failed. (The cars are about 4yrs old.) The cost of replacing the packs are far more than the cars are worth so, the insurance companies have written them off.

Yes. Yet another good reason not to go electric.

Hi

I have a very fuel efficient diesel.

I do few miles a year.

I am not going be be buying a new electric car with all the pollution of making the batteries.

Volcanoes, Earthquakes, and inclement weather is beyond our ability to control in my opinion. The best we can expect is to adapt Annie. Nature does not care about you and me, or any other living thing on this planet, it just is…

What’s in the news today? Brexit & fish. So … we can have more fish to sell abroad? That is not going to save us.

We have big opportunities far far beyond that. We can lead in green industries, the rest will follow, they have no choice. It’s progress, some may fight it but they’ll get left behind.

There is no denying it. And we are in the right place to do it.

Today Europe, tomorrow the world…
We’ve already tried that d00d.
It’s just fashion. When most of the UK population is unemployed and poverty rules, there will be big changes afoot. And it won’t have anything to do with saving the planet.

No. More importantly, we shall have the opportunity to allow the heavily depleted fish in our seas to re-establish themselves.
From what I have read, places like the Mediterranean have been so heavily over-fished that they are trying to do the same in our waters now. That must stop or we’ll find that we can’t provide enough fish even for our own needs.

And I thought you brexiters were more ambitious.

You Brexiters?..:shock:

Talk about fishing…:009:

No. We’re quite easy going, actually.

We have no plans to apportion various parts of Europe after we have won, as happened to Germany in 1945.

We shall have opened the doors to freedom for other EU ‘member states’ like Italy, Poland, Hungary, etc., and I’m sure they will be very grateful for our obtaining their freedom just like we did 70 years ago.

Also, I foresee Germany breaking away soon afterwards in order that they may still sell us their excellent cars!
You heard it first here. :mrgreen:

Brexit is going to save the planet??:smiley:

Here is the basic facts if we keep going the way we are mankind destroys the earth. If however we the West cut of our globalization supply lines then their economies collapse leading to starvation and population displacement, which fuels local conflict which escalates into global war and mankind disappears in a blinding flash. Either way we’re stuffed

No, it’s going to save us!

Saving the planet is really down to China, India and America.

Hallelujah, brother.

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Für das deutsche Vaterland!

Freedom? I really don’t see it. We are still fighting for our freedom after four years!

Unity? Ask Poland and Hungary, and before a great deal longer several others.

Justice? I suppose that depends how you describe the European Court of Justice. Personally, I’m glad that we shall no longer be under their version of jurisdiction.

All threads lead to brexit…

Which just goes to show how far reaching the tentacles of the EU really are Annie. It was created to assist trade between the countries of Europe, but it has gone far beyond that…