Bretrick needs a holiday

I have booked 10 nights accommodation in the 2nd week of August at Dolphin Apartments in Mandurah.
Less than an hour from Perth, what used to be a small, coastal town of 25,000 in when I arrived in Perth 1990 has now grown to a city of 95,000 in 2022.
Still, it is winter time here in Australia and there will not be many people crowding the beaches and haunts,
Dolphin Apartments on the Mandurah Ocean Marina.

View from Apartment.

5 Likes

Looks nice Bret, no squeaky floorboards to keep you awake at night!!

Correct. Peaceful to the extreme. :dolphin:

It’s going to be a “Pod” for Mr and Mrs Spitty this year.

1 Like

Like two peas?

Exactly

Good for you, Bretrick! I hope you enjoy it very much.

1 Like

I know I will enjoy my time away from the hubbub of the city. Mandurah is peaceful, with plenty of wild Dolphins. :dolphin: :dolphin: :dolphin: :dolphin: :dolphin:

1 Like

Peace and quiet…an absolute tonic.
Enjoy Bretrick :+1:

1 Like

Dolphins can get a bit rowdy.

1 Like

Looks like a kind of paradise, Bretrick! A brief respite from reality. Enjoy yourself.

If you see me, I’ll be the redhead not riding the dolphins. :grinning:

1 Like

We have been around a bit but for me it was countryside. Places like Lochlond.

1 Like

Friendly rowdy to be sure. :grin:

Thankie you. You will surely stand out, nary a red head to be seen in these parts of the woods. :grin:

1 Like

Country side for me too. Our family bolt hole is high up in the Purbeck Hills of Dorset.

1 Like

We lived in the Hills of Angus on form but I digress - apologise Mr Bretrick…

2 Likes

No need to apologise.
I post topics to allow members to interact with each other. Isn’t that what social networks are all about? Members relating their life experiences with each other.
Learning about other countries, traditions, cultures etc.
Exchanging our inner most thoughts, desires, dreams, and expectations.
The world is a marvellous place, let’s share it with each other.

4 Likes

Don’t forget your laptop/mobile device, keep us enlightened.

1 Like

Most certainly I will take my lappy and my digital camera. Might even have a daily synopsis of my exploits and how many Dolphins I see each day.
I know where some of them go to feed naturally almost every day. There is no hand feeding here.
The Pelicans tag along for morsels as well, as this photo of a Dolphin bringing me a fish I took at Easter time shows.

1 Like

Looks a great place to relax Brett, and you’ll need a boat in a place like that to get away from it all and maybe a spot of fishing or drawing…Looking forward to your reports…
How will the temperature be at that time of year in Aus?
I like to get me kit off and get some sun on me body…
:sunglasses:

It is winter time here right now. Will struggle to get to 21C - 70F.
No fishing. I done enough of that in my early days back in Tassie. No more scaling and gutting fish for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes