Breast Lumps best to get it sorted

I have had a long History of lumps in breasts. Severe enough for being under the famous Marsden Hospital in Sutton Surrey for over 10 years.
Now tonight out of the blue found a huge lump…so have emailed my Doctor hoping for an early mammogram. Just more bothersome as My Sister and Daughter has had Breast Cancer.
Fine if you feel uncomfortable with this Thread but certainly good for highlighting it…

1 Like

It’s great that you are getting a mammogram. Hopefully nothing to worry about but best to get it checked.

2 Likes

I am actually feeling quite positive…as not new to me.

1 Like

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Please note this thread has been tagged with our member-support tag and this is just a friendly reminder to ask that you keep this in mind when replying.

Life is hard enough as it is, and if you can say something that might help make the OP’s day that little bit better we’re sure it would be greatly appreciated :blush:

with that said please avoid turning these types of threads into debates (if you really must, you can start a separate thread on a related topic, but please don’t mention or refer to this one). Thank you for your understanding and for helping make the Over50sChat community the best it can be!

:white_heart: :yellow_heart: :brown_heart: :black_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :heart:
:sparkling_heart: :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Hi Di, I am sorry to hear that. It’s always good to go in and have it assessed (just in case)

Self examination is crucial. Also, I usually complete a mammogram once every two years. Not very pleasant but very necessary.

Thank you for your courage. This thread is needed since more awareness needs to be created on this topic.

Sending you a big hug.

:hugs:

1 Like

Dianne, I hope you get it sorted out and its not anything to worry about. :hugs:

I had my first check up recently and it was awful. Was in pain for over a week afterwards. :frowning:

1 Like

Morning @DianneWoollie fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: I hope everything goes well for you today All the best cavemen

1 Like

Diane first let me say that I hope everything is Ok & it isn’t cancer, but I would also like to thank you for reminding people to get lumps checked!
If people didn’t encourage us to to act quickly some tend to think
" It won’t be cancer" , but as 50% of the population now get some form of cancer acting fast can save many more lives!

1 Like

I hope its all OK Dianne…mental attitude helps so much in these situations and you seem very optimistic…go girl :slight_smile:

Thanks for writing up. It is important to highlight Breast Cancer, with my past experiences you would think that I would get check more often. But I have not.
We get the reminder to go and have a mammogram yearly here and I have never been…almost then Covid19, was a simple get out.
So I just need to get an appointment now. Of course it is worrying, but I am not in any panic, just will keep busy as usual.

1 Like

Naughty Dianne for not going for your check ups , Hope its nothing too bad . I recently had my call for check up and got the all clear , its something less to worry about .

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:t3: that all is well for you Dianne but you really should have been going for your check ups considering your family history.

And, chaps, don’t forget, it’s not just ladies that can develop breast cancer so, check yourself out next time you shower and check your testicles too while you’re at it.

2 Likes