Breakfast, what’s your go to and is the weekend any different

I can`t eat in the morning,so nothing but cups of tea for me.

1 Like

Cereal

Fried egg on toast( or just toast.
But today I did a Bacon Baguette.
But once a week a Wetherspoons Traditional Breakfast.

1 Like

Oh that looks lovely :yum:…must get some, LIDL or ALDI ? Recognise there packaging

1 Like

I get it from Home Bargains.
Also available online from Mornflakesif you want a bulk order.

1 Like

Weetabix or porridge for me every day

1 Like

I have two breakfasts or rather the one served as two portions and it’s always my own home-made wheat porridge. The 1st helping is just after my rising on the way down to my music workshop between 05:15 and 30, with the 2nd helping upon my return to the house at around 07:30ish just before I go up for my daily shower.

1 Like

We have a store near by, will have a look for it and report back :smile::yum:

1 Like

Scrambled eggs on toast with two cups of black coffee.

3 Likes

Monday to Saturday…two slices of buttered toast.

Sunday…Full English breakfast…lovely

2 Likes

Weekdays or weekends makes no difference to me but my breakfast changes with the U.K. seasonal weather.

In Summer, it’s usually fresh berry fruits with kefir or yoghurt, mixed with milled seeds.

In Winter, it’s usually hot porridge oats, made with water and mixed with berry fruits from the freezer, with kefir and milled seeds stirred in after cooking.

I sometimes have other seasonal fruits or occasionally have muesli or bran flakes with fruit and cold milk or maybe have a mushroom omelette or some other egg dish.
I used to love an occasional treat of poached egg and sautéed mushrooms on buttered granary toast - but I’ve had to avoid eating bread these last few months, so my current favourite egg dish is a poached egg on top of tender stem sprouting broccoli, which has been lightly steamed, then slightly charred in the air-fryer, with a few toasted flaked almonds.

1 Like

Usually Tesco flakes, and peach n apricot cereal.mixed. Tesco used to do a nicer flakes cereal but discontinued it. Hate that.

1 Like

Porridge every day with seeds nuts berries wheat bran and a few cornflakes sprinkled on top

There’s some serial cereal people here.
I used to have Shredded Wheat Bite Size in the UK but you can’t get it in the supermarkets here.So it’s usually a cooked breakfast for me.Toast is cooking isn’t it?

1 Like

My daily go to most always now includes toast, hot tea, and juice.

Weekends a bit different and always include eggs, and also toast :wink:

Small cup of decaf coffee every day…

2 Likes

I buy the ordinary shredded wheat in winter because I like it with scalded milk (a childhood memory)

1 Like

I love the smell of hot milk, weird I know :crazy_face:

1 Like

A bowl of porage in winter with banana, a few grapes and easy peeler. Two mugs of leaf tea with soya. Very rarely use milk now. A mix of weetabix, muesli and oats in summer with seasonal fruit available.

1 Like

Yep, me too, also like the taste, In winter I take a glass of scalded milk to bed with me each night.

1 Like

I have porridge with fruit and toast with lemon and lime marmalade on alternate days. Every so often I make overnight oats with raspberries and greek yoghurt.

If we go out on a Saturday morning we go to Wetherspoons and have either a traditional breakfast or Miners Benedict which is a toasted muffin with 2 poached eggs and black pudding and hollandaise sauce. Very tasty and excellent value.

1 Like

I tend to start the day with a toasted bagel with cheese and relish, with the occasional Eggs Benedict

1 Like