Breakfast ideas

What do you normally eat for breakfast?

I do alternate days of Porridge or Toast, but I would like to cut some of the bread out.

Any ideas?

2 Likes

I don’t eat breakfast often. But, on the rare occasion that I do, it’s my favourite eggs Benedict or eggs florentine. I haven’t had that in ages though.

I follow a low carb diet. Perhaps bacon and eggs or eggs with a side serving of avocado :avocado: (it’s a healthy fat).

Alternatively, you can try lactose free yogurt with low carb granola with a small dollop of raw honey.

Yes I also have porridge and wholemeal toast with marmite for breakfast .
Before I go out a Banana or apple.

Normally have cereal, crumpets or toast, ( not all together) you could try getting some fresh or frozen fruit ( berries) and plain yogurt , might be having brunch in town tomorrow, in which case I’ll have a full English…

Greek yoghurt and fruit sprinkled with granola is nice

And I have overnight oats sometimes. I don’t particularly like them but they are quick and easy if you prepare them the night before. I have banana, walnut like this but I don’t put any yoghurt in mine

https://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-and-recipes/banana-nut-overnight-oats

If you’re trying to cut carbs, I think eggs are the way to go, poached with bacon, or mushrooms, tomatoes, advocados etc. Also a one egg cheese omelette is tasty. Or scrambled in a tortilla wrap

Or go continental and have sliced cheese and ham with some Ryvita or crackers

I used to make these little egg muffin things for work, but then I went off them!

It varies depending on mood. Maybe just a coffee will do most times. But sometimes I’ll have muesli with or without some toast. But sometimes if I go out I’ll have a bacon roll or a full-on fry-up.

Weet-bix and Nescafe for me, in winter I alternate it with porridge and Shredded Wheat,

Usually orange juice, toast and bacon.

Usually rice krispies with soya milk and a chopped up banana, a glass of apple juice