Breakfast anyone

Oooooh Eliza,that has never entered my head as i have always been the same,my Gp has never commented on it either.
Food for thought,so to speak.
Thank you.

1 Like

Often cereal and toast but I will do a fried or poached egg on toast with some hash browns on occasion.
And once in a while I will go out for breakfast.
Then it’s the traditional English.

1 Like

I enjoy making breakfast for others, the problem is if I cook a mega full English for myself by the time I serve it up I’ve lost my appetite :slightly_smiling_face:

A hearty breakfast of any proportion should always be cooked by someone else.
That’s my theory and I’m sticking with it :bacon:

3 Likes

Always have Alpen Chocolate or, Special K Chocolate, noticed today in the Alpen how rare the chocolate is lately, probably a sneaky cost cutting exercise.

2 Likes

I never eat breakfast - just a drink of fruit tea. Between 1.00 and 2.00pm I usually eat something, maybe weetabix, but today I have had a mushroom pattie. Very nice and I found them in Lidl - just warm in the microwave. These days I don’t seem to get very hungry and am soon full.

1 Like

One day it would be Porridge with 3 Prunes, the next day Toast with butter.

1 Like

Cereal for me, mostly. Sometimes with a sliced banana, or dried apricots. I like the special flakes with peach and apricot, but often the cost is too much, so only buy if on offer. Tescos stopped doing my favourite. Honey special flakes with nuts. Grrrr.

Sometimes porridge, with half spoon sugar and cinnamon.

Love a full English if in Morrisons early, and yes, the McD sausage muffin. This morning I had toast, for a change.

1 Like

Mostly cereal or porridge, but have toast with butter and marmalade, or butter and jam on crumpets, we were in town last Saturday we went into browns, the Rhodes restaurant upstairs and had brunch, I had a full English and mrs p had mushrooms on ciabatta, very nice…

1 Like

Not allowed bananas… too much potassium. I mostly just have coffee and toast.

1 Like

Primus, we had lunch in Browns a week ago celebrating our son in laws birthday.
Very nice restaurant…
:+1:

Did you go upstairs to Rhodes foxy?, they’re closing the one downstairs as it’s going to be refurbished

Home made latte and a banana. But sometimes just the latte.

1 Like

Yes, upstairs near the furniture department Primus. Very nice ambience, and not many in during the week. I would recommend the sea bass…

1 Like

Banana seems to be a popular choice for a Breakfast , I can eat it anytime of day , also sliced up on a sandwich ,this was our main Teatime food when I was growing up …
It does have Potassium in which @Summer mentioned …
Heres its run down…

1 Like

I have fond but vague memories of bananas in custard, not for breakfast, although I don’t see any reason why not.

1 Like

Lovely thread Eliza. :smiley:

I do not eat breakfast weekdays. It’s just a cup of coffee in the morning for me.

At the Weekends, if I’m in a rush like tomorrow morning then it’s nothing but coffee.

I enjoy bacon and eggs sometimes for lunch. If I’m out for breakfast or traveling for work then it’s bacon and eggs or eggs Benedict.

Eggs Benedict is my favourite breakfast but I hardly ever have it. Eggs Florentine is also great.

When I’m out in the mornings with my son then it’s McD’s sausage egg McMuffin and cheese with a hash brown and orange juice to wash it down.

I love toast, porridge and cereals but refrain from them due to the high carb content.

:hugs:

Oh, and I don’t enjoy runny eggs :egg:

1 Like

Still enjoy that myself.

2 Likes

That’s good enough for me. I’ll have to give it a go .
I’m not kidding but I’m sure the last time I had bananas in custard was during the late 60’s.

1 Like

My kids laugh at me when I suggest things like a a banana and milk, Banana sandwich etc. I have to explain that when I was a kid you never saw bananas but when they did become available they were a very special treat. I don’t think any of my kids even buy them there are other fruits they prefer.

I used to grow them in my garden but they are a lot of work because the plant only produces once, the next year’s crop comes from the new suckers at the base. Every year there is a lot of waste to get rid of or mulch. My ex used to use the leaves for cooking and wrapping food (sounds Asian but she actually came from Wednesbury)

1 Like

Today was fried egg on a potato waffle

2 Likes