Breakfast anyone

Do you have Fruit for Breakfast or is it a Fry up .

Im getting hooked on Banana sliced in a bowl full of Double Cream …

2 Likes

I’ve gone in phases.

For several years, I ate a banana every day for breakfast. It was a little stressful finding a banana the perfect ripeness every day.

Then I started drinking smoothies, frozen fruit with soymilk and whatever would blend and taste good.

Then it was cereal with soymilk.

Then it was quick oatmeal with fruit on top.

Lately, it’s been cereal out of the box with some nuts. This is my unhealthy phase.

1 Like

I love breakfast, it’s my favourite meal of the day and I can quite happily give lunch a miss!

Really, I like savoury best, full English of course, boiled egg, bacon sandwich, advocado on toast, McDonalds Mc Muffin….

I’m not keen on cereal, maybe some Fruit and Fibre with a banana or Greek yoghurt, fruit and granola

And if I want something quick for a working day I do overnight oats, with banana and cinnamon in a jar. It’s gruesome and like eating wall paper paste but it’s quick and filling and very good for settling upset stomach.

Banana and cream sounds really naughty! I like banana with evaporated milk but not for breakfast :rofl:

My really naughty breakfast is toasted croissant with banana and peanut butter. Almond croissants or croissant and butter and jam are nice with coffee too :drooling_face:

1 Like

I always have cereal - Weet-bix, Nutrigrain, Shredded Wheat or porridge.and coffee

Even when I am travelling and breakfast is included with the room I have the same, though I might add a piece of toast.

In fact on my cruise I still had the same though occasionally I might add yogurt instead of toast.

The only exception is that if I have banana(s) starting to speckle brown I might chop one up and eat with milk (my kids laugh)

Never eat a cooked breakfast.

2 Likes

Yes Maree Banana and Cream is naughty , but nice :smiley: my little indulgence …

I do have Cereal Weetabix , but thats at night just before I go to sleep , so it sort of evens things up ,well thats what I say to myself … as im woofing 4 Weetabix and half pint of Milk .

Fry-up’s are usually confined to holidays and away days…At home it’s porridge with a sprinkling of seeds topped off with honey. Always an apple, and occasionally crumpets and Yorkshire tea…Crumpets can be swapped for dunked biscuits while perusing the forum…
‘Boring’ is a word Mrs Fox regularly uses for my breakfast habits…
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I love Crumpets, soaked in butter ,must put them on my shopping list … Fried Bacon always reminds me of seaside holidays ,I was only talking about that last week when i got a whiff of Bacon floating down the street … Bacons on my list too now …

1 Like

Never really gave breakfast any thought when working full time and busy busy busy, so coffee and if lucky a piece of toast and marmite. However have changed my working hours and now have a slower start to my day. Therefore a different if somewhat boring/routine range of breakfasts have started…boiled or scrambled eggs with toast, crumpets with marmite, pancakes, avocado on toast sometimes adding a poached egg. Yogurt with a really nice muesli I found after trial and error,.

1 Like

Fruit would go nice with Yogurt Kazz, I have some Frozen Berries in my Freezer which I mix with Plain Yogurt and sometimes Cream ,
Eggs can be boring if cooked on their own what about chopping them up with Mayo , on Toast.

I don`t eat breakfast unless were on holiday.
I am never hungry until around 2pm.

1 Like

I really am into a big fry-up. I know I shouldn’t, but there are times I just can’t help myself.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with a big fry up Graham , eat what you enjoy … Now and again I will have Egg , Bacon ,Beans and Mushrooms , but that usually Brunch so will take me to supper time .

1 Like

Thats along time to go without food BrokenV, if theres nothing for the stumach acids to break down , it will be eating away at the wall causing a Ulcer …

Oooooh Eliza,that has never entered my head as i have always been the same,my Gp has never commented on it either.
Food for thought,so to speak.
Thank you.

1 Like

Often cereal and toast but I will do a fried or poached egg on toast with some hash browns on occasion.
And once in a while I will go out for breakfast.
Then it’s the traditional English.

1 Like

I enjoy making breakfast for others, the problem is if I cook a mega full English for myself by the time I serve it up I’ve lost my appetite :slightly_smiling_face:

A hearty breakfast of any proportion should always be cooked by someone else.
That’s my theory and I’m sticking with it :bacon:

3 Likes

Always have Alpen Chocolate or, Special K Chocolate, noticed today in the Alpen how rare the chocolate is lately, probably a sneaky cost cutting exercise.

2 Likes

I never eat breakfast - just a drink of fruit tea. Between 1.00 and 2.00pm I usually eat something, maybe weetabix, but today I have had a mushroom pattie. Very nice and I found them in Lidl - just warm in the microwave. These days I don’t seem to get very hungry and am soon full.

1 Like

One day it would be Porridge with 3 Prunes, the next day Toast with butter.

1 Like

Cereal for me, mostly. Sometimes with a sliced banana, or dried apricots. I like the special flakes with peach and apricot, but often the cost is too much, so only buy if on offer. Tescos stopped doing my favourite. Honey special flakes with nuts. Grrrr.

Sometimes porridge, with half spoon sugar and cinnamon.

Love a full English if in Morrisons early, and yes, the McD sausage muffin. This morning I had toast, for a change.

1 Like