Braverman, UK Home Secretary - personal speeding course claim - Update - Sunak decides not to order inquiry

Yes she has Omah .
No wonder labour isnt in power and never will be if the get hung up on petty questions like this .
Keir Starmer doesn’t ever know what a woman is yet I would like to pin him down on that questions .

2 Likes

Suella Braverman has refused to be drawn over whether she asked civil servants to arrange a speeding course for her, but said she is “confident nothing untoward happened”.

The home secretary was caught speeding in 2022 and asked the civil service for advice on arranging a private speed awareness course. A government source denied her actions broke the ministerial code. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has asked his ethics adviser about the case.

Repeatedly asked in an interview whether she instructed officials to arrange a one-on-one speeding course, Mrs Braverman said: “Last summer, I was speeding, I regret that, I paid the fine and I took the points.”

The answer to the question was not forthcoming - a simple “yes” or “no” would have done … :man_shrugging:

Petty nonsense .

1 Like

The fake outrage over a non-story continues. This is what happens when you let the civil service get over run by activists. Start firing people.

2 Likes

Why should she answer a question about something that is none of their business, and certainly nothing to do with the job she was employed to do.

1 Like

The Sue Grey scandal has miraculously disappeared… funny that

1 Like

I got my very first speeding fine last month in 50 years driving! i was doing 34 in a 30. I saw the speedcop with his gun as I went down a hill - it goes from a 50 to a 30 so you really have to use your brakes. On the way back up the hill I had to put my foot down slightly to get up the hill and he must have zapped me.

I did the online class and paid about £90.

They never seem to get the boy racers who drive round our village …… everybody I know who has had one recently is just doing a few mph over the limit! I guess we are easy pickings!

1 Like

Braverman’s a representative in parliament of the people who live in her electoral district - it’s their business. Braverman is also a Minister of the Crown and responsible to the House of Common - it’s their business. For both MPs and ministers, the news media have a responsibility to keep all interested parties informed of the business, public and private, of both.

AFAIK, we don’t know the circumstances surrounding Braverman’s speeding - it have something to do with the job she was employed (appointed) to do or it may not. However, while in employ, Braverman attempted to use official services for unofficial business, which is a ministerial code-break. That’s bad enough because she has broken the ministerial code (1) before but this time she was Attorney-General, the Tory government’s legal adviser. What has made the situation worse is that Braverman withheld the information concerning her speeding offence from the Prime Minister and others whose business it was to know - many of them only discovered her transgressions through the news media.

So, it seems, Braverman’s minor offence, which she hid from others, is very much the business of several groups of people.

(1)

1 Like

Nobody gives a toss about this except activists. Tune in to sky news and live the dream it will be over tomorrow

1 Like

We should reform the ministerial code.

2 Likes

I just find it so trivial when you consider the many more very important things that the government should be spending their time on Omah.

4 Likes

Probity before policy … :wink:

1 Like

Well, the labour party would call for an inquiry wouldn’t they?
So she was caught speeding …
Asked what were the possibilities for a private speeding aware, course.
On receiving a No to her request probably because of the possible conflict of self interest v work she paid the fine ….where’s the problem.

Mind you I could be missing something …I came to the above conclusion after listening to Mogs opinion on the subject :wink:

3 Likes

Yep…Mogs yer man Ripple…
:+1:

:joy: I wouldn’t go that far ! He’s got dead eyes .

2 Likes

And he’s a bit posh…
:shushing_face:

1 Like

It’s not what she did - it’s how she went about it. It’s a question of conduct in office and Braverman is the incumbent of one of the Great Offices of State.

2 Likes

I thought as much … it’s not the first time either …

2 Likes

Exactly … she thinks that she’s better than the rest of us because she’s a Tory government minister and wields enormous power but she’s abused that power over a personal matter, minor though it may be.

Hi

Ms Braverman was Attorney General, the highest Government Legal Advisor before she became Home Secretary.

She should have known better, it really is as simple as that.

I don’t do the Labour/Tory thing, I would have said the same if she had been a Labour Politician.