Bosch Oven HHF113BR0B - Amazon - £260

These are the lowest they have been according to the CamelCamel website, they are also on offer at John Lewis for £279 but Amazon customer service is much better (and it’s cheaper at Amazon)

Why an oven and not an air-fryer? I read about all those air fryers but two things put me off:

• Most of them contain teflon
  • Food doesn’t taste as good

So, since my oven is on the way out, I have opted for an A rating oven. Hope someone else finds this useful too!

I clicked on your link. It says it’s temporarily out of stock. Did you buy out the last one. . . again? :rofl: :icon_wink:

1 Like

:043:

I don’t think so Butter :lol:

It’s still showing stock here, maybe it’s because you’re in the US?

1 Like

We bought a new oven earlier this year. Our kitchen fitter suggested

appliancesdirect

which worked out well. He also pointed out that the more sophisticated types don’t plug in but are wired into a box with a switch, said the cable from the front of the house to the kitchen at the back would have to be replaced. So we opted for a plug-in Bosch using the existing wiring.

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/nav/ent/electric/brd/bosch/oint/plug-in/mc/cooking/pt/ovens?sortOrder=3

They had a bigger selection before. We got one costing under £300 and we are very pleased with it.

1 Like

@Azz

Just noticed SKU: HHF113BR0B is £329!!!

1 Like

That’s how much it was when I spotted it was the number one bestseller on johnlewis, I added it to my Amazon wishlist (it was £325 there at the time). On Amazon you can add a note per item in your wishlist and I always add the price it was when added, so when I spotted it had dropped to £260 I thought it was a good time to buy :lol:

Those require thicker cables because I think they draw more power… probably not what you want with the current cost of electricity :upside_down_face:

It arrived today :003:

It even has a grill!

I love it!

I almost wrote this little review saying it’s a great oven but it’s shame it doesn’t have a cut-off timer, I mean what’s the point of having an electric oven if it can’t switch off after a set time! But I should have looked at the manual first - because it has THREE timers! :icon_redface:

It has a bog standard ‘timer’ which is just like an egg timer that goes off with a bell - that’s all it does - it doesn’t switch off the oven and I thought this is all it had and that left me a little disappointed (tho I still wouldn’t have grumbled at the price I paid). But reading the manual it has two more timers!

• The first of these other timers is similar to the bog standard one BUT it does switch the oven off, so for instance you can set it to switch off after 30 minutes.

• The second is where you can set a start/end time - so you can put your food in when you pop off out and set it to be cooked for the time you intend to get back home, brilliant!

With my old oven I would frequently put something in the oven before going for a 90 minute hike, but I would often get delayed and come back to burnt food! :lol: Now I can manage things much easier! The only thing it’s missing really, is the ability to be controlled remotely via the web, but hey, I’m not complaining for a £260 oven!!

The other thing I’ve found is that it’s taking LESS time to cook (I guess because of the fan - my other oven was not fan assisted). The roasted veg in the pic was put in after it warmed and after 20 minutes I went down and turned the veg over, then left it on for a further 10 minutes. Then switched it off but left the food in there to continue cooking while I fetched and cooked my steak (so around a further 10 mins). So total cook time was actually 40 minutes even tho it was only ‘on’ for 30 (and the warm up time). I wonder how long air fryers take to roast veg like this? Can’t be far of this time surely? Either way, for the price, performance, features, and all important taste-test, I’m giving it 10/10 :023:

1 Like