Boris - opinions please

The USA is a lot more democratic than the UK though.Much less cronyism and old school tie, with nothing like the House of Lords

I don’t know what oli- thingy means :anguished:

So who’s next in line for the ‘wibbly wobbly’ PM throne?
Sunak/Truss/Gove/JRM?
Place Yer bets here Folks…and hope the next one isn’t as big a gobshite as the present one,
:confounded:

they had a radio discussion on LBC about this the other day and Jeremy Hunt came up…oh and also Matt Hancock…

deleted duplicate strange system blip doppelganger post

Definition of oleaginous

1 : resembling or having the properties of oil : oily also : containing or producing oil. 2 : marked by an offensively ingratiating manner or quality.

1 Like

Especially when they house illegals in hotels f.o.c.

2 Likes

JRM is unlikely to be there only for the cash, as he’s rich enough already, and he comes across as very capable and willing to speak up. Unfortunately, he doesn’t want the job.

I had also thought that Liz Truss might make a good PM.

Beyond those, I’m not sure who else I’d trust. Of course, had things been different I’m convinced that Nigel Farage could have made an excellent PM.

Yes, indeed. We’d be much better off with a Senate in place of the House of Lards.
As for cronyism and old school tie, perhaps the Yanks are also guilty?

1 Like

I can’t vote - for me it’s “None of the above”

I don’t hate Boris and I don’t think about him every day but I don’t prefer to ignore him either!
I think he is doing a very bad job of being PM (as I was sure he would!) and I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him but I’d rather know what he is up to than ignore him - his job role is too important to ignore him - I just hope he is relieved of that job as soon as possible!

5 Likes

I can’t think who would want to take over right now. Other than Jeremy Hunt who would likely relish the role of getting everything back to order in his inimitable way. He has done quite well on the health select committee and is a smooth operator. I can’t see Rishi as PM, he’s too inexperienced in taking the reigns.

I had thought Boris was doing a good job given that he hadn’t bargained on all this when he took office. But recently with the whole one rule for the government and another for us nobodies plus the constant u turns … :neutral_face: :unamused:

He looks like he has had enough of it all too.

1 Like

Well he looks like he has had plenty of relaxing quality time, given that he has acquired a wife and two babies since being PM. :joy: and still not had the opportunity to brush his hair.

1 Like

They are my thoughts too JBR - she seems to be a very competent woman in my view. I can’t think of anyone else who could step up to the plate. I also think that Gove has an eye on the job but I think he would be an awful PM - or maybe I’m biased against him because of the way he treated teachers when he was Secretary of State for Education (2010 - 2014).

If there was a - I think Boris is doing an OK job option I would have chosen that.

He’s not superman, he’s not a god, he can’t perform miracles he can just do his best as he sees fit just like any leader would.

I’ve never been a conservative supporter but when Boris got the ‘job’ he or we never in a million years could have guessed he would have such a nightmare period in office of trying to sort brexit with the added humongous headache of a pandemic.

No one can ever say anyone else would have done any better because it’s just never happened before in our lifetime and we’ve no one to compare to.

So there, I said it, I think Boris has and is doing an ok job of trying to run our country to the best of his ability.

Personally if I were Boris I would have said ‘eff it’ and resigned, I can’t image the pressure he must be under, this pandemic has been a complete nightmare for all world leaders.

4 Likes

So he says, JBR. On the other hand, he could be playing the long game like Francis Urquhart did in House of Cards :lol:

2 Likes

Boris is not in the same league as FU. He could think on his feet where BJ just blusters his way thru events :-1:

1 Like

I agree with you re Boris but I was referring to Jacob R Mogg.

1 Like

So was I!

Good post and sums up how I feel too. He could have thrown in the towel ages ago after all the abuse and hatred aimed at him but he hasn’t. His government sorted out all the furlough stuff which millions should be grateful for and he also sorted out generous payments to keep small businesses afloat. just in my small area there are mechanics, electricians, hairdressers, beauty therapists etc etc who would not have managed without his help.

He has had far more than any other PM has had to deal with in such a short time and I genuinely think he has done his best.

5 Likes

The upper classes don’t care how they look or what people think of them. I have a friend who only owns charity shop clothes and her family are well acquainted with The Royals. Her sister is a well known artist who is married to someone very high up in the church and they are the same.They dress like old tramps, never bother with hairdressers and just cut chunks of their hair off themselves and their kids. They drive filthy old bangers yet they both own several houses and rent them out.

1 Like