Boris Johnson's Strange Explanation About Where He Spent Christmas Is Raising Suspicion

When asked about his whereabouts for the last 10 days, Boris Johnson appeared to stutter before arriving at the bizarre answer that he had “been in this country” – immediately prompting speculation among his critics.

Speaking to a BBC News journalist on Wednesday during a tour of a vaccine centre, the prime minister was asked: “Where have you been for the last 10 days?”

Johnson replied: “I’ve been in…I’ve been…in this country.”

He appears to laugh slightly, before adding: “Where do you think?”

Before the reporter could reply, the prime minister said, “thank you”, and starts to walk away from the camera crew.

While prime ministers are entitled to take holidays, Johnson’s absence has raised eyebrows in recent weeks as Covid cases have been soaring across the UK.

He appeared to withdraw from public appearances as criticism of him increased in the wake of ‘Partygate’, while the ongoing allegations that No.10 held several parties for its employees in December 2020 infuriated the public, especially as the rest of the country was under strict lockdown rules at the time.

The prime minister’s popularity has now reached its lowest levels since he was elected in 2019.

Bizarre … :017:

In th’old days, PM’s used to retire to Chequers for Xmas, much as HM the Queen normally retires to Sandringham. So, what’s his secret … :question:

1 Like

Well, if he was at home with his family, surely he would just say so (easily) rather than stuttering about being in the UK :roll_eyes: I think he has been away somewhere…
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

The problem a prolific lier has is, they have to think before they say anything. Thus making even the truth a problem to get right.

1 Like

That is weird, if he hasn’t been somewhere he shouldn’t, you’d think he’d just say

Perhaps he’s trained himself never to give a straight answer in case it’s used against him in the future

2 Likes

AFAIK, BJ’s lies will be used against him in the future:

4 Likes

I agree, he’s a fat liar, but is he lying everytime he kinda stutters the way he does?

Rubbish poker player, that’s his tell!

……… you know he’s lying when his lips are moving :rofl:

2 Likes

The following is interesting. It is not too complicated tofollow.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/why-people-are-compulsive-liars-2018-6

Some people are pathological liars, meaning they can’t stop spreading misinformation about themselves and others. The psychological reasons for why some people are this way is a bit of a mystery, but in the third edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, pathological lying is a disorder in its own right, as well as a symptom of personality disorders like psychopathy and narcissism.

When you don’t care about other people, lies don’t seem to matter. A lack of empathy essentially means a lack of conscience, which is a hard concept to grasp for a lot of people.

“When they lie it doesn’t hurt them in the same way it would hurt us,” Judith Orloff said. “So many people get into relationships with pathological liars, or just can’t understand why they’re lying, because they’re trying to fit these people into the ordinary standards of what it means to be empathetic.”

But they don’t fit. In fact, they may not even realise they are lying half the time, because they’re not conscious of it. Orloff said they actually believe they are telling the truth a lot of the time. It’s not so much about the fact itself, she said, as it is about wanting to have power over somebody.

Psychologist Linda Blair, told Business Insider some compulsive liars are simply too impulsive to tell the truth. The impulsive-reflective scale is ingrained in our genes, and it’s very hard for someone highly impulsive to take the time to think things through, just as it is a challenge for a reflective person to jump into something head first.

I can’t be sure, but of one thing I am absolutely sure and that is when he speaks in that stuttering way he comes across as being unconfident and unsure of himself.
Now why should that be?
I suspect that is because he really hasn’t a clue.
I remember that recent event when he stopped speaking at his podium and frantically shuffled his papers about, finally making references to Peppa the Pig. If he had matters clear in his mind, that should never have happened.

At the end of the day, I believe he has been promoted above his capabilities. His party should persuade him to retire to the back benches where he can concentrate on his greenie wife, and replace him with someone more competent… assuming they can find anyone who could fit that bill… before it’s too late.

1 Like

This is the common practice of all politicians and when just occassionally one does give a straight uncomplicated non-diversionary answer, the interviewer becomes dumbfounded with shock.

1 Like

I was reading yesterday about the effects of Covid on the brain, and how it increases the plaque, and gives symptoms akin to Alzheimer’s. Not saying BJ has Alzheimer’s of course, but it could explain his apparent “brain fog” :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Why on earth does everyone want to know what Boris did for Christmas? :thinking:
Why should he had to divulge every minute of his leisure time and family time to everyone?

People don’t really care where he was anyway, journalists and other politicians sole purpose of asking is to find fault and look for the smallest thing to hoperfully discredit him with.
Bunch of snidey, two-faced gits these sensation seekers are.

I wouldn’t want to be in politics even if it made me a millionaire overnight.

5 Likes

Interesting … :thinking:

I just think that he’s running out of lies … :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, more than likely. I was just trying to be nice…!

1 Like

'Tis the season of goodwill … :+1:

1 Like

I don’t give a toss what Boris did at Christmas. I simply resent the fact that he is failing to stand up for this country in several ways.

1 Like

Honest question because I’m not very clever around politics I only know that I dont think I would believe a politician again

Who could have done it better and how would they ?