Boris Johnson's leaving speech fact-checked

In his last speech as prime minister, Boris Johnson said his government was delivering on its “huge manifesto commitments”.

He made a series of claims - about its record on police, nurses, hospitals and, of course, Brexit. We’ve examined some of them.

Needless to say, most of the claims were untrue, inaccurate or misleading - right to the end of his tenure as PM, BJ speaks - BJ lies … :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s not just the lies that make me want to puke, though, it’s the colossal arrogance and evil

He’s been proved a corrupt liar who’s disgraced our country and the role of PM and was quite rightly thrown out on his ear because of it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yet, no mention of that, or apology, in his leaving speech, the braggart has the nerve to stand there boasting about how great he thinks he was :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

And he knows it’s not true, it’s just that in his arrogance he can’t bear to accept his shame and go off quietly, he’s got to stick it to his enemies by bragging and boasting, more and more arrogance and lies, even to the end. What a disgusting individual he is :face_vomiting:

Booster rocket? More like a black hole of corruption he tried to suck our whole country into. I know where I’d like to shove a rocket :rofl:

So he’s gone, at least for the time being, I hope our country can recover from the shame and humiliation of having him as PM and karma catches up with him for what he’s done.

Delighted to see Liz Truss booed as more of the same, may a chorus of boos follow Johnson wherever he goes

Which catchphrase do you think his time in office will be remembered for?

“Let the bodies pile high”?

“Oven ready” ?

“Have our cake and eat it”?

“Work event”?

3 Likes

I watched the pretentious sneaky liar on the morning news. I could barely relate to any of his boasts. Nothing there that I, (unlike his ass lickers and fellow party gate pals) would have applauded him for. He can stick his obscure metaphors where the sun never shines.

2 Likes

Well said, that man! :+1:

2 Likes