Boris Johnson on TikTok

For some reason, he’s decided to promote his party on TikTok :roll_eyes:

I just saw it, it’s really bad. His “penitent” short haircut and a promise not to dance don’t really cut it

And I’m not happy at being automatically shown his crap, fortunately you can block, which I have now :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

In these times of war and cost of living crisis, does the lying fool really think it’s appropriate to turn up on TikTok, grinning away? Is he trying to dumb down his party’s posh boy image?

Oh to have someone leading the country who has integrity, gravitas and a shred of empathy for what people are going through

1 Like

I don’t have a account on there or on Twitter. Facebook is my only one, but I keep political guff well away from my page…Shudder.

1 Like

@Maree , Where America goes, Boris follows !!
Watta twat !!
Donkeyman! :-1::-1:

2 Likes

So funny to me! I don’t do tiktok or Instagram or Twitter, but could it be that Boris is trying to rub it in to his buddy, Donnie boy, that he has accounts and yet Donnie still is banned from Twitter?
Yep, that’s what I am reasoning. Tik and Tok, they are, like Dumb and Dumber :rofl:

1 Like

Sorry, error on post

I suppose they’re trying to extend their reach to a wider audience - a younger audience if they’ve gone on to TikTok.
Johnson must have seen what happened when the Culture Secretary went on TikTok and tried to explain to the kids how she would make the Internet in the UK the safest Internet in the World! Not surprisingly, she got mocked a lot for that and a few other things she said -
and according the report I saw in The Telegraph, Boris Johnson got a lot of stick from TikTok Users when he posted this latest message on TikTok too.
I don’t use TikTok but it was reported that

“Mr Johnson said he would use TikTok to give the public “behind-the-scenes” insights into the inner workings of Downing Street.
“You won’t necessarily catch me dancing on this site, but you will have all sorts of stuff about what we’re doing to deliver on our priorities, deliver for you on our agenda of uniting and levelling up our country,” he says in the short clip.
“You’ll get all sorts of messages and content that you might not get if you’re looking at Instagram or Snapchat or Facebook – Twitter, LinkedIn and all the other stuff.
“This is intended to be a place where we can put out messages and behind-the-scenes insights into what we’re getting done – so tune in to Number 10 TikTok!”

The trouble with politicians is that they keep trying to hi-jack every Social Media outlet that is created and use it for their political agenda.
It’s called SocialMedia and I wish these politicians would butt out - if they want to get their messages out there, then make use the established press and make statements to them or set up their own political platform for all the political dross they churn out.
It’s never a good look when Politicians try to “get down with the kids” - it often seems awkward and forced, they often get the terminology all wrong and set themselves up for mockery.

When I use Facebook, it’s to keep in touch with friends and family - that’s what it was designed for. If I want to find out info about the Government, I can look up info on the Government website, watch the News, look at the political news pages of various news outlets - I don’t want politicians or political messages popping onto my social media page.

2 Likes

At the time of publication, the top comment on the video was a plea for the return of 5p Freddos.

But it was in the duets where TikTok’s chaotic energy really shone through. At the time of writing there have been almost 250 duets of Mr Johnson’s TikTok debut.

Most responses were users gazing silently at their cameras with an expression somewhere between bafflement and derision.

One user superimposed himself on top of Mr Johnson’s video, positioning his finger to look like he’s picking the Prime Minister’s nose.

:lol:

That’s my favourite Italian beer someone’s swinging around.

Oh Dear, l don’t think going on Tik Tom is a good idea.
I always thought it was a place where precocious little kids showed off their dance moves!

Yes, but the precocious little Johnson has promised us faithfully he’s not going to do that :rofl:

I saw a clip of a girl loosening her levis showing her underpants. !!!

Are you sure you were on TikTok? ……,:rofl:

1 Like

An illegal Downing St. rave?!