Boris Johnson ‘on holiday with Carrie in Spain’

It’s a comment, not a deception (which you originally posted as “lie” … :wink:)

I don’t care if you want to leave yourself open to a charge of slander & I don’t care much about Boris’s holiday.
What I do care about is you deliberately deceiving readers by saying something which was not said or even hinted-at in the link which you posted before that comment.

Exactly this, and in fact Parliament is in recess until the 18th of October.
:023:

1 Like

Perhaps he’s put it on his expenses now all that was some time ago and easily forgotten, by some?
:grinning:

1 Like

After the uproar last time I doubt it, but never say never.
:rofl:

But people have short memories and we are taken for idiots so much that any of them might just try that on again. After all the ‘punishment’ for them, unless it’s a custodial sentence in excess of one year, is next to nothing. That was proved by how many were still continuing with their ‘fiddling’.

1 Like

No 10 refused to say whether the Prime Minister had paid for the trip himself. It is understood that his flight was not funded by the taxpayer.

“Any declarations that need to be made will be made in the normal way, but I don’t have anything to add to that. I wouldn’t get into anything on location for security reasons,” the PM’s official spokesman said.

Why “refuse” … :question:

It’s the Mirror stirring the pot again. I suggest leaving it for 2 or 3 weeks and see what is put in the official record then.

1 Like

The Guardian, too:

The prime minister is staying at a Spanish villa linked to Zac Goldsmith, the wealthy Tory peer and environment minister, who is close friends with Carrie Johnson.

No 10 refused to confirm that Goldsmith was covering the cost of the holiday in Marbella or say how the prime minister had travelled to Spain with his family.

Like I said in Post 48, let’s leave it for 2 or 3 weeks and see what’s put in the official record before going on about who pay what for who’s hols.

1 Like

Surely "refuse" is the best description for such wild stories?
" unwanted waste material "

1 Like

It might well be 2 or 3 months, or even 2 or 3 years, before we get a straight answer … :rofl:

So? If it takes that long, it takes that long. All these stories are doing are, imho, stirring up wild accusations suggesting BJ is a freeloader. As if a goodly number of Labour (eg the Blair creature) and Libdems haven’t done exactly that in the past and are probably still doing it today.

2 Likes

Even BJ’s biographer says he’s “tight” … :wink:

He’s careful with his money, so what? I am too.

1 Like

However, BJ will happily spend others money, e.g. the tax-payers’, like there’s no tomorrow:

I can’t think of a better person to be tight with money than a country’s leader.
But if you really want to keep contradicting yourself …

Hi
He is tight with his own but wastes public money hand over fist.

3 Likes

I aiin’t had a Holiday since a mini break in 1992, maybe I deserve one. :grinning: :biking_man:

1 Like

The Sun reports that he & Carrie were invited to stay with Goldsmith and his family. If you invite someone to stay with you at a holiday home do you usually ask them to pay?

1 Like