Boris Johnson: I'm not worried over jobs gap and rising prices

The PM told the BBC that the economy was facing the “stresses and strains” of a post-Covid recovery. But he said the country was “moving to a new approach”, with companies paying higher wages for UK workers, rather than relying on low paid immigration. And he claimed government schemes, like the hardship fund, would help people. Mr Johnson also said he was not worried about inflation as he believed “supply would match demand”.

Earlier, the prime minister denied there was a crisis in the UK, despite a shortage of HGV drivers disrupting fuel deliveries and a range of industries warning there was a lack of skilled workers as a result of both the pandemic and Brexit.

He told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme the country was at a “turning point” and the UK’s “world leading” logistics industry would fix the issues.

May 2020

PMQs: Boris Johnson claims UK will have ‘world-beating’ system to trace 10,000 coronavirus cases per day ready by 1 June

BJ is full of “moonshot” … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

He doesn’t appear to be worried about anything that’s happening. Could that be as he and many others seem to live elsewhere I wonder?

The words “another and different world” spring readily to mind for some reason!
:thinking: :grinning:

2 Likes

He also said “never mind about cancer rates”

If that doesn’t show his true colours, I really don’t know what else will.

2 Likes

Why would he worry, he’s well protected from it and he and his family aren’t going to suffer!

1 Like

Indeed he did:

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19621315.boris-johnsons-condemned-never-mind-cancer-outcomes-comment/

Boris Johnson’s condemned for ‘never mind cancer outcomes’ comment

Boris Johnson probably let slip a little more than he intended ...

FOR anyone in any doubt as to whether the Tories value money or people’s lives more highly, the Prime Minister has made it clear.

Speaking on the BBC on Friday night, Boris Johnson probably let slip a little more than he intended.

Enraged at the journalist asking questions about trivial things such as people’s health, Johnson raged:

“I’ve given you the most important metric… never mind life expectancy, never mind cancer outcomes, look at wage growth.”

“Let the bodies pile high!”

:scream:

1 Like

Grim, isn’t it.
Cannot understand why this guy is still in power, I really can’t.

1 Like

Exactly my point – “another and different world”.
:thinking:

2 Likes

All very worrying , concerns about heating and food price rises and petrol , savings being dipped into . Hospital waiting times and health costs . I for one am very concerned .

What a state to get into . I dont know what the answers are

2 Likes

Also these poor people who are having their Universal Credits cut by £20 a week, yet the Bankers get to keep their bonuses. Its all very disturbing.

(Sorry Omah…derailing a bit there)

1 Like

I hope you realise, I learnt this today on these very forums, that everyone is biased against Johnson, of course he cares about us plebs, the man has honesty and integrity coming out of his ears.
It was just a small oversight that he did not prepare for Brexit after all wages are rising, oh wait they are not.
He says Christmas will be better this year than last year, that will be the year he was warned that allowing us to mix over the festive season would cause a huge rise in covid cases down the line, this he was told by scientist, people that know about those things, but he knew better and of course we had the spike and the deaths.
That man has blood on his hands and if anyone thinks that the ‘inquiry’ will be anything more than a white wash is in for a shock.

1 Like

I don’t understand why this thread has the the tag “deluded” when referring to the UK PM worrying over “jobs gap and rising prices”.

Why would he? He is rich and a member of the British class system that has absolutely no worries over jobs or prices, that is hardly “deluded”.

In view of the inevitable problems the UK is having right now he seems to be thinking that his job is to be positive and to convey the feeling that there’s nothing to worry about because if there was, it might raise questions of the sort he wouldn’t want to hear. That’s why it is not really surprising that when it comes to identifying the reasons for the current situation, priority is given to those that may fit the concept best.

@Dachs , Well l will believe everything Boris says when l
see the taxes of the super rich and the corporates get paid
at the same tax rate as me!!
I say scrap income tax, and raise GST, ??
That should level every thing up ??
And nobody can dodge it !!
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking: