Boris Johnson: Former prime minister to host GB News show

Too true!
My response to the folk who think it is bad to be be “woke” is that I would be rather be “awake” than be “sleep walking” my way through life!

So many folk go through life wearing their biased blinkers and look at the World based on their own needs and wants and they fail to see or understand the needs of others and miss seeing the bigger picture.

I’d rather be “woke” than be a “sleep walker”! :wink:

2 Likes

Actually that’s not correct Boot (I’m surprised at you) Being ‘Awake’ has a totally different meaning to the one you suggest. (sometimes referred to as a truther.)…It refers to people who see things behind the headlines and realise what the media is trying to do with their agenda. They think they have found what the world is all about…Woken up from the propaganda and false information that the main stream media brainwash us with. Quite the opposite from being a ‘Sleep walker’

Not sure I believe that, many people are ‘woke’ because they have no experience of life outside of what they know . Prince Harry comes to mind.

GB News deals with issues that the MSM won’t touch. The freezing of bank accounts, the Dutch farmers protests, to mention just two and never mentioned on the BBC. Farage is a breath of fresh air and speaks for a good proportion of population of the UK. People can’t condemn a whole TV and radio station for the misgivings of one presenter like Boris, otherwise the BBC would have been closed down years ago by the likes of Savile, Harris, Edwards and Schofield. Far worse than Laurence Fox or Dan Wootton.

If Farage speaks for “a good proportion of the U.K.”, how come he never got elected to the U.K. Parliament p, despite standing for election in U.K. Parliamentary Elections many times? - didn’t he stand for Election about 7 times without getting voted in? That suggests to me that the “good proportion of the U.K.” who supported him was not the “majority of the U.K.” , so Farage is only supported by the “minority” of the U.K. Voters.
It is worth remembering that Farage does speak for the majority. :wink:

1 Like

Farage actually got more votes than any other party in the 2010 elections and in the 2014 elections Boot, if it had been first past the post he would have been PM.
Quote Wiki:-
*Farage was voted UKIP leader in the September 2006 leadership election, and led them in the 2009 European Parliament election in which his party won the second-highest number of votes and seats after the [Conservative Party](Conservative Party (UK) - Wikipedia).[2] He resigned as leader later that year in order to concentrate on the 2010 general election. In late 2010, he was voted leader for a second time after the resignation of Lord Pearson of Rannoch.[3] Farage led UKIP in the 2014 European Parliament election, which his party won the most votes and seats; this was the first time since the December 1910 general election *that Labour or the Conservatives did not get the most seats in a British nationwide election.[4] He resigned as UKIP leader after the 2016 referendum.[5]

1 Like

I thought U.K. did have a “First Past the Post” System? - so if Farage didn’t win a seat, he didn’t get enough votes in the FPTP System.

Personally, I would prefer Proportional Representation - and I would be surprised if Farage won a seat in UK Parliament under a system of Proportional Representation - but I’d be willing to take that risk in return for a proper system of Proportional Representation.

2 Likes

On the subject of wokeness nothing is more ridiculous than gay people protesting for Hamas .
Do they know what happens to gays in Gaza ?
Think base jumping without a parachute

Sky news Australia

1 Like

On the topic of
“ Boris Johnson: Former prime minister to host GB News show”,
maybe those who applaud Johnson’s employment at GB News will be waiting to see what he has to say on this separate topic of “ gay people protesting for Hamas” ?

Personally, I don’t give two hoots for Johnson’s opinion on anything (Johnson has proved to me and my family to be untrustworthy in so many matters) so I have no wish to hear his opinions on “Gays in Gaza” or anything else.

1 Like

I get up, switch the BBC on, then switch off :grin:

1 Like

Haven’t seen many applauding

The BBC seem to have their own agenda, neither Righty or Leftie, but, they are very PC :icon_wink:

2 Likes

And very! very! diverse…

Sorry… :blush:…Yes, that’s what I meant…

Is that a typo in your last sentence? Should it be Farage doesn’t speak for the majority?

Yes worth remembering his 7 failed attempts at becoming an MP, his popularity is obviously overrated!

1 Like

That man is a horrible person, pretends he cares about the people, the country HAH, All he cares about is himself and how to get what he wants.
He and his Tory ilk disgust me. :rage:

5 Likes

Oops! Yes - that was a typo! Thanks for telling me - I did mean to type

“ It is worth remembering that Farage doesn’t speak for the majority.”

2 Likes

He does where I come from…
:+1:
I can’t say I’m too keen on Boris though, but I don’t hate him just because the MSM or some lefty woke person tell me I should.

2 Likes

In contrast to the image he carefully constructed of being a fairly harmless, jovial buffoon, more and more evidence is coming out that he was truly evil and self serving

I suspect he’s a psychopath. They have no conscience or morals and are very good at appearing charming to cover that they’re only interested in themselves. And no compunction over lying to get what they want

Because they don’t care about other people’s feelings, psychopaths often cheat on their partner, are promiscuous and use sex to get what they want. Sounds like Johnson?

I think it terrible that he can’t be called to account and prosecuted for what he’s done and that he can’t be stripped of his PM pension

But it’s good that some of the truth is coming out now and I hope he goes down in history as the wicked person he is

5 Likes

If BJ isn’t a psychopath then he’s probably a narcissist:

Symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder include:

• Inflated sense of self-importance and believing that you are ‘special’
  • Having a sense of entitlement and believing that you deserve favourable treatment
  • Grandiose thinking, including fantasies about success, wealth, fame or beauty
  • Needing constant praise and admiration
  • Being unable to empathise with the feelings and views of others
  • Taking advantage of, or exploiting other people, without feeling guilty about this
  • Frequently belittling or bullying other people to make yourself look better

… or perhaps he’s both … :scream_cat:

2 Likes