Boris Johnson claims Larry the cat is ‘thug’ who beat up his dog Dilyn

Boris Johnson has claimed that Larry the cat is “a bit of a thug” who “mauled” his dog Dilyn.

In his latest Daily Mail column, the ex-PM said: “Our dog Dilyn went a few times to Larry’s lair, and Larry being out at the time Dilyn decided — entirely naturally and reasonably — to eat his food. (1) The reprisals were terrible. If you look closely at Larry, you can see that he is constructed like a sumo wrestler. He also has the talons of a velociraptor, and he is one of those cats who not only likes his food but also takes a dim view of anyone else who tries to scoff it. Have you ever reached out idly in a pub to take a chip from someone else’s plate, and found yourself unexpectedly stabbed in the hand by a fork? That is the kind of reaction that Dilyn provoked from the Downing Street mouser. The poor dog was quite badly mauled.”

Mr Johnson went on to say Dilyn became “terrified” of Larry and would avoid “anywhere he might come across Catzilla”.

Larry has also been accused of beating up Rishi Sunak’s labrador, Nova. The current PM’s wife Akshata Murty said the Downing Street cat “does not get on” with Nova and has had “heated exchanges” with the dog. “Larry’s come out on top," the businesswoman said.

Presumably, BJ believes that his witty anecdote justifies his £1m pa retainer from the Daily Mail but, IMO, it’s just another example of BJ being unable to tell the truth - any incident, if described, will always be full of distortions, exaggerations, embellishments and misrepresentations.

(1) If true, Dilyn is like his master - always up for a free lunch - although BJ took it to excess - free holidays, free houses, free loans, free legal expenses, etc.

Hats off to Larry for seeing off a thief … :cat2:

1 Like

Dilyn is the victim. Makes sense. Johnson is the victim. And Truss. Vote tory, vote victim.

1 Like

I bet Dilyn was having a Party at the time :smile:

1 Like

I’m surprised they let their dog eat cat food.

1 Like

Well done Larry, I love that cat

Serves Johnson right for having a wussy dog that likes to play at being the victim when it gets caught with it’s paws in the cookie jar, just like Johnson

Dilyn got what it deserved, shame his owner didn’t :rage:

And Fatty Johnson steals chips from people’s plates? No surprise there, he probably prefers it if they’re poor people, he’s the type who’d swipe Tiny Tim’s turkey

I remember him using an anecdote about Dilyn to object the Dangerous Dogs act banning xlbullies and other dangerous breeds, something about Dilyn killing a bird

He’s a populist who will use anything to his advantage and he knows Brits love a good animal story

Larry is a hero!

4 Likes

Don’t mess with Larry:

:cat2:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

this isn’t working for me - perhaps subscription only?

1 Like

Defamation!!

1 Like

It’s a YouTube clip so, AFAIK, freely available … have you any error message?

Try this link:

1 Like

Hopefully most Brits will have recognised Johnson for what he is by now… not holding my breath though!

1 Like

Yes thanks. I could do with a few of Larry in our neighbourhood. As I understand it he is an elderly cat now - almost 15 years old.

1 Like

to me the biggest shock is that he doesn’t know that cat food is very bad for dogs. I feel sorry for the dog.

3 Likes

Larry (born c. January 2007) is almost 17 … that’s 85 in cat years, so he’s due for retirement, I’d say … :thinking:

The Real Way to Calculate Your Cat's Age in Human Years.

2 Likes

Except the government have again pushed back the pensionable age for cats to 87 so no retirement yet…

1 Like