Boris Johnson begins reshuffle of top ministerial team

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is about to reshuffle his ministerial team, Downing Street has told the BBC.

He is expected to begin firing ministers and appointing replacements over the coming hours.

A No 10 source said: “The PM will today conduct a reshuffle to put in place a strong and united team to build back better from the pandemic.”

Education Secretary Gavin Williamson and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab are among those rumoured to be moved.Williamson, Buckland and Jenrick out as PM reshuffles cabinet - BBC News

Gavin Williamson axed as Education Secretary. His departure comes just days after he was strongly criticised for confusing Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford and England rugby star Maro Itoje in an interview with the Evening Standard.

Robert Buckland is out as Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice.

Robert Jenrick sacked as housing secretary.

This has to have been the worst cabinet for many a year.
From Dominic Raab, Priti Patel, Liz Truss, Gavin Williamson to Nadim Zahawi to name but a few, not one has been outstanding in there job except to be outstandingly useless.

A pound to a penny that BJ will procrastinate over Priti “Useless” Patel … :wink:

That seems to be the current trend among not only British politicians of every party but amongst politicians globally and yet we mere plebs keep on voting for them.

So Far:

Gavin Williamson axed as Education Secretary. His departure comes just days after he was strongly criticised for confusing Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford and England rugby star Maro Itoje in an interview with the Evening Standard.

Dominic Raab is out as foreign secretary in Boris Johnson’s cabinet reshuffle - but he has been given a new roles as deputy PM. He will also replace Robert Buckland as justice secretary.

Priti Patel keeps her role as Home Secretary …

The front bench is full of useless people - why isn’t IDS, Steve Baker and the likes still on the back bench ???

To me, this is the worst government since the Blair fiasco and I’m usually biased towards the right, but this shower are a liability that if there was an election tomorrow, I’d have to think deeply before I placed my X anywhere on my ballot form.
Johnson desperately wanted to be PM but has no idea how to be a successful one🤬

2 Likes

More to the point, why is Johnson still PM ffs?

1 Like

So Dominic Raab who resided over the shambolic Afghanistan withdrawal is removed as Foreign Secretary but has been appointed Justice Secretary, Lord Chancellor and deputy PM? if that as not bad enough Liz Truss has been appointed Foreign Secretary a woman that looks down her nose at us plebs.

So it is business as usual for Boris Johnson.

2 Likes

Dominic Raab is now Justice Secretary, Lord Chancellor and Deputy PM

Liz Truss promoted to Foreign Secretary and will also remain as Minister for Women and Equalities.

Apologies Fraggle, our posts crossed.

1 Like

Lord knows …

So Far:

Dominic Raab is out as foreign secretary in Boris Johnson’s cabinet reshuffle - but he has been given a new roles as deputy PM and Lord Chancellor. He will also replace Robert Buckland as justice secretary.

Liz Truss is the new foreign secretary, replacing Dominic Raab, while remaining n minister for women and equalities.

Downing Street now confirms Priti Patel will stay as home secretary (as I predicted … :wink:)

Rishi Sunak keeps his job

Co-chair of the Conservative Party, Amanda Milling, has been fired

II anyone wants to use this list to add to and keep up-to-date … feel free … :+1:

The reshuffle may go on for a while yet … :069:

… and I have a couple of PCs to update and re-boot … :024:

Who would you prefer as Foreign Secretary then Omah ? Lisa Nandy ?

I don’t think anyone could be actually worse than her could they ? At least Liz Truss delivers.

I agree.
I don’t think it matters a jot how much Bumbling Boris shuffles his cabinet, as long as he’s in charge (or is it his new wife who’s actually making the decisions?) we’re going to continue to have a useless government. And I had such high hopes for Boris.
What makes it worse is that they have a big majority, so they could be here to stay!

2 Likes

Robert Buckland sacked as Justice Secretary is deeply proud of all he has achieved, I wonder could anyone here remind me exactly what he did achieve?

Is BJ taking a tea-break … :tea:

After cabinet reshuffle new ministers returning to their constituencies.

3 Likes

So Far:

Dominic Raab is out as foreign secretary in Boris Johnson’s cabinet reshuffle - but he has been given a new roles as deputy PM and Lord Chancellor. He will also replace Robert Buckland as justice secretary.

Liz Truss is the new foreign secretary, replacing Dominic Raab, while remaining n minister for women and equalities.

Downing Street now confirms Priti Patel will stay as home secretary (as I predicted … :wink:)

Rishi Sunak keeps his job

Co-chair of the Conservative Party, Amanda Milling, has been fired

Nadine Dorries is secretary of state for culture, media and sport - she replaces Oliver Dowden who moves to the Cabinet Office

Michael Gove is the new minister for housing, communities and local government and has responsibility for the UK’s union

Business minister and minister for vaccines Nadhim Zahawi has been confirmed as the new education secretary. He replaces Gavin Williamson, who lost the job earlier.

Apparently, the new cabinet is being appointed this afternoon; junior ministerial appointments will continue into tomorrow.

With Max Headroom as leader of the official opposition, we’re well and truly stuck with the blustering bumbler as PM. I too had high hopes, but he has let all of us down to a very low position he cannot recover from.

1 Like

Don’t be so selfish plenty of folk have done very nicely from this Tory goverment. Look at the PPE contracts that went to people who had absolutely no experince in this area and what about the contract to supply ferrys given to a company that had no ships.

1 Like