Boris Johnson admits by-election results not brilliant but vows to go on

But if Johnson is forced out who is the next brexiteer to be PM ?

We’ve brexited.

But who is the next one to ensure we remain out, who would be the one ?

Starmer?

But this is about Johnson and his replacement, no one seems to be prepared to say which tory MP would be the choice, even themselves don’t know.

It wouldn’t be as good as we had before, the Brexiters threw that away for us :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

But we’d still be a lot better off than staying out

Hi

We would need another referendum to rejoin.

1 Like

OK … I’m not really paying attention. But I can’t see what brexit has to do with anything. It’s history, and so is everyone brexit related, except Boris of course, who is not a true brexiter just a shameless opportunist.

@d00d ,. ’ we’ve brexited’
Prove it !!
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::-1:

1 Like

No it wouldn’t. In any case it wasn’t the EU that was the real problem, it was the EC and all the undemocratic power it imposed.

Hi

We are no longer part of the EU, we do not pay any fees to the EU, there is no more Free Movement.

The Free Movement works both ways, you will not be retiring to the EU.

We have had a very hard Brexit.

It is costing our Exporters a lot more money to Export to the EU.

Our Fishermen and farmers are fuming, they have lost a lot of business, not what they were promised.

We can no longer just load a HGV up and put it on a ferry.

I would point out that fresh is 200% more profitable than frozen.

The EU are putting the restrictions on Exports from the UK, the UK has once again delayed putting the same restrictions on EU Imports, giving them a huge advantage.

Why, because we still are not ready to do so.

1 Like

Johnson one great big liability
The Tories need to wake up and get rid

2 Likes

to use various metaphors - he has locked himself into a corner ; has nowhere else to go but down - he has only one option for him and the good wif and waifes – hang on for dear life until the money runs out!

1 Like

Well the tories shot themselves in the foot by having a vote of no confidence over party gate rather then bye election results.

Hi

Great to see you posting again.

You are as succinct and intelligent as usual for you.

1 Like

I see only two practical and believable possibilities:
Jacob Rees-Mogg or Nigel Farage.

JRM doesn’t want the job.
NF wouldn’t get enough votes and probably wouldn’t even stand.

So we’ve had it. A country without a true leader.

Really? You’d give away our country to a foreign power?
I can’t believe it. It would be like giving in to Hitler; unthinkable.

1 Like

Thanks Mr S :wink:
It’s good to be back .

the Tories seem unable or unwilling to get rid of Boris the clown so the only other way is a general election - the time could just be right?

2 Likes

As he was leaving the Commonwealth summit in Rwanda on Saturday, Johnson was asked if he intended to serve a second full term in office upon winning a general election, taking him to 2028 or 2029. Johnson replied: “At the moment I am thinking actively about the third term and you know, what could happen then. But I will review that when I get to it.” Asked what he meant by leaving after a third term, Johnson said that would mean staying in office until “the mid-2030s”. (1)

No 10 initially suggested that Johnson might have been joking, but on Sunday morning the PM said he was making a point about being focused on the long-term challenges facing the country. “What I’m saying is this is a government that is getting on with delivering for the people of this country and we’ve got a huge amount to do (2),” he told reporters at the G7.

Johnson was even more bullish in a subsequent interview with ITV News. When it was put to him that the Conservatives lost the byelections in Wakefield, and in Tiverton and Honiton, because voters had lost trust in him, and that this should be a source of shame, Johnson replied: “No – because I think if you actually look at what this government is doing, it’s pretty remarkable, it is quite exceptional.” (3) Attributing the byelection defeats to the decision of the media to focus more on his personal conduct than on policy, Johnson went on: “If you want to look at examples of my leadership, then I would point you to what we did to solve the Brexit problem, which was very, very tough; what we did was make sure we had the fastest vaccine rollout in Europe, and what we are doing now to help people through a tough time.”

In his ITV interview, Johnson also refused to deny a report in the Times saying that he had discussed getting a Tory donor, Lord Brownlow, to fund the construction of a £150,000 treehouse at Chequers to be used by his son, Wilf. According to the Times, the plan was dropped after the police raised security concerns. Asked about the story, Johnson said: “There is no such structure.” Asked if he had discussed getting a treehouse built, he said “all sorts of allegations” had been made about his family in the past and he never discussed them.

(1) In his dreams … :rofl:

(2) This now BJ’s “shut-out” reply

(3) That is delusion on a grand scale - BJ’s government has an appalling record … :open_mouth:

1 Like