Boris Buckles over NI protocol!

As l expected, Boris has allready ’ U ':turned over scrapping the
NI protocol , and is now trying to only modify it instead !
After all his blustering about getting rid of it ?
It all goes to prove that Boris and the Tory party were always
remainers at heart and the BREXIT negotiations ,( remember them ?),;were only a sham ??
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::-1:

Hi

The majority of NI Politicians after the elections this month now support the protocol.

It was part of Boris and his oven ready deal, he negotiated it, signed it and bragged how good it was.

He is now saying it is rubbish.

The NI “protocol” should be cancelled. Ulster is part of the UK. The GFI Agreement was an act of treason.

2 Likes

The Irish Protocol is a disaster, it actually breaches the Belfast Agreement and the 1801 Union Act.

We should just bin it.

1 Like

Can politics in Northern island be anymore childish with one party not talking to another so in effect there is no government in NI yet again.

The (traitorous) GFA is what should be binned.

The root cause is the shameful GFA which handed power to a foreign country to interfere with the governing of a part of the UK.

@MrFraggle67 , Can’t argue with that Mr F ! The -‘Union’ has
been without any government at all for over a year now !!
Trouble is the protocol was introduced by the EU in order to
cause trouble for the UK, that is its sole purpose !
Plus the Irish Republic have long cherished returning NI to the
fold, they tried to this by force with the IRA, but now they see the
opportunity to do it by using BREXIT as leverage ??
It’s a real mess if you ask me !!
I favour scrapping the protocol even if it means cancelling the
entire so called trade agreement also !!
We have had six years to find other suppliers it’s time to test if
we have done so ??
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning:

1 Like

I can’t see, or find, where you got this snippet of news from, Donks. In any case, as far as I’m aware, the intension was, and still is, to cancel just the parts of the Protocol that are causing the most problems.

I am 100% in agreement with you Mr F.

@Percy_Vere , Surely you have heard Boris threatening the EU
with scrapping the protocol Percy ??well , today he changed it
to ’ change the protocol’ ?
BTW, l just heard Ian Duncan Smith talking about this subject
and l think he should take over from Boris on this as he seems
to be more coherent in his explanations !!
IDS for PM !!
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::grin::+1:

No I hadn’t honestly.

As for IDS for PM, you have to be joking? I remember him making a real pig’s ear of it when he was leader of the Tories in opposition.

@Percy_Vere , Oh, l weren’t ere then Percy !
So it seems to be a common trait in the Tory leadership then ??
Maggie Thatcher ? Theresa May ? Boris Johnson ? and now IDS !
Donkeyman! :+1::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::+1:

So what is Dorris doing then ? Infinitely worse than “The Quiet Man”.

The thing is, the Irish Protocol breaches the GFA anyway because the people in Northern Ireland do not have any vote or any say in the regulations (EU) that govern the trade agreements in their own country. So much for joint power sharing !

Consequently this is causing unrest in both the republic and NI.

Thing is, if labour got in they could easily drag the UK back into the EU backstop arrangements by extending the border in the Irish Sea to Calais and thereby putting the UK back in the customs union effectively.

Tear it up !

The NI Protocol was always a “fudge” and I could never see it working.

Hi

Irish Politics is a nightmare.

The Good Friday Agreement was a solution to a problem

Both sides their share of Nutcases who believed the solution to the problem was to blow up and shoot random innocents.

I have a particular dislike of the IRA and their supporters, the ones who got me.

Ian Paisley and Co were just as stupid.
It was not going to stop and had been going on for many, many years.

Leaving the EU always meant Borders, we need them to control who is coming in.

A virtual Border in the Irish Sea is no great shakes, the vast majority of trade goes through unchecked.

Boris is playing into the hands of those who want a United Ireland.

Cancelling a Treaty he agreed is just plain stupid and a Trade War is not what we need.

We are already in a mess by not imposing controls on goods from the EU, this has been extended until the end of 2023.

The EU have imposed controls on our exports from day one.

We are now in breach of WTO Conditions and other countries are insisting that their their goods are allowed in without checks.

So much for taking back control.

As long as protestants in Northern Ireland kept throwing condoms over the border to the Catholics in Southern Ireland peace has reigned. See what is happening now this has stopped

1 Like

Hi

Very witty, but I rather think you have underestimated the seriousness of the situation.

Boris reneging on the deal he signed means No Deal with the USA.

It also means retaliation by the EU and others, a Trade War we seriously do not need.

Last but not least, the continuation of the Troubles and attacks on the UK.

i don’t want to read or hear about doom and gloom for the rest of my life when I can find something that at least makes me smile.

A Russian man went to a newspaper stall in the street and all he did was look at the front page then threw it away
The next day same thing, bought a newspaper looked at the front page the threw it away
Same thing on the wednesday Thursday and Friday. On the Saturday the newspaper seller being curious asked why he only looked at the front page?

The man said he was looking for the obituaries. On the seller said you will find them on a page near the back.
No I won’t the man said, not the one I was looking for.

2 Likes

Did Boris “Chicken Out” of the oven ready deal? :smiley:

1 Like