Boris Becker sentenced to 2 and a half years

I agree with AD in some ways people who do GBH get the same sort of thing .
I can’t think how people get into this situation . If you have to borrow to buy some luxurious pad don’t do it get a more modest establishment.
He will be able to coach the criminals into being good tennis players.

It was pure greed. What did he expect?
Honest people slog their guts out every day and pay their taxes.
Why should he get away with it?

2 Likes

@Muddy The people in for GBH probably got shit on by someone
like Becker !!
Donkeyman! :-1::thinking::-1:

I’ve been doing similar and worse for over 40 years.

Tell us your real name and I will shop you .

@The_Artful_Todger , l expect you have !
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning:

There are legal ways of hiding money and illegal ways, Becker chose the latter and has paid the price.

I reckon he’ll “serve” about 18months in an open prison like Ford. I hope that he’ll sell off his remaining assets and pay what he owes.

If he does then he’s a mug.

So what is your advice to him ?

Just do your bird, keep schtum, and keep all your assets well out of sight. Get ready to claim all Benefits you can get on release. That’s exactly what I would do.

Surely his assets should be confiscated to pay off what he owes?
I understand he has been sent to Wandsworth a Category B prison .

If he’s got any sense (or a half decent accountant) all of his assets will be WELL out of reach.

The assets Becker had not declared have already been sold off to pay towards his debts - court proceedings in March confirmed that was dealt with when the Bankruptcy Trustees first discovered he owned these undisclosed assets - that all happened before the criminal court verdict and sentencing.

1 Like

@Boot , Well l hope he paid off more than a shilling in the pound as is
usual in bankruptcy cases ??
But he wasn’t bankrupt was he? He just refused to pay his bills didn’t he ?
So he should be dealt with more severely imo !!
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I do, too, plus that, according to HM Chief Inspector, the place is crumbling, rat-, mice-, and pigeon-infested, cells and showers being tatty and heavily overcrowded with inmates sometimes having to choose between exercise, ordering from the kiosk and having a shower. The place also shows the usual negative culture of violence. Just as one would have expected in the old days. Will be quite an anticlimax for him for a start.

Becker will be moved from Wandsworth to an open prison in the near future because his was a “white-collar” crime that didn’t involve any violence.

1 Like

Best by far would have been a non-custodial sentence.

Perhaps but the judge decided he has to do porridge so, porridge he has to do.

British justice is crap.