Boris Becker sentenced to 2 and a half years

Disgraceful, he should have known better…

1 Like

A year to eighteen months in an open prison at worst I would imagine and still have his hidden dosh to come out to.

I looked this up because it seems a bit harsh for jail time for a bankruptcy, but this goes way back. His financial woes started at least 10 years back, and he filed for bankruptcy in 2017 as well. This has been ongoing for over a decade.

A very harsh sentence. When people are being given suspended sentences for offences involving physical harm to people and so many politicians are using tax avoidance and tax evasion schemes and getting away with it — no, this is just plain wrong.

2 Likes

@The_Artful_Todger , CRAP! he was concealing assets to avoid paying his debts Some poor sod probably committed suicide over this ?
He still has those assets !!
I believe the bankruptcy laws should be stiffened up considerably ?
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::frowning::-1:

At one time bankrupts were left with very little to live on or in , now it seems to hardly affect these people , they still have their lavish life styles fast cars and holidays , how do they do it if they are bankrupt.

It’s those who’s bills have not been paid that these people tread on and over, those who’s businesses have failed because of money unpaid to them . Yet they carry on spending and laughing at the law

Will he serve 2 and a half years I guess not he may be out in 15 months . Anyway if he is so arrogant then it might humble him .

Will he have to pay his debtors?

1 Like

I agree with AD in some ways people who do GBH get the same sort of thing .
I can’t think how people get into this situation . If you have to borrow to buy some luxurious pad don’t do it get a more modest establishment.
He will be able to coach the criminals into being good tennis players.

It was pure greed. What did he expect?
Honest people slog their guts out every day and pay their taxes.
Why should he get away with it?

2 Likes

@Muddy The people in for GBH probably got shit on by someone
like Becker !!
Donkeyman! :-1::thinking::-1:

I’ve been doing similar and worse for over 40 years.

Tell us your real name and I will shop you .

@The_Artful_Todger , l expect you have !
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning:

There are legal ways of hiding money and illegal ways, Becker chose the latter and has paid the price.

I reckon he’ll “serve” about 18months in an open prison like Ford. I hope that he’ll sell off his remaining assets and pay what he owes.

If he does then he’s a mug.

So what is your advice to him ?

Just do your bird, keep schtum, and keep all your assets well out of sight. Get ready to claim all Benefits you can get on release. That’s exactly what I would do.

Surely his assets should be confiscated to pay off what he owes?
I understand he has been sent to Wandsworth a Category B prison .

If he’s got any sense (or a half decent accountant) all of his assets will be WELL out of reach.

The assets Becker had not declared have already been sold off to pay towards his debts - court proceedings in March confirmed that was dealt with when the Bankruptcy Trustees first discovered he owned these undisclosed assets - that all happened before the criminal court verdict and sentencing.

1 Like