Blue Peter Projects (Here's one I made earlier)

This is a small selection of completed projects I did several years ago, before I got into the habit if taking photos of progress to show the method of making.

Gazebo, made from scratch based on an Amish design. This is the only photo I have of it taken during construction. You can see the roof of the bungalow behind our garden between the roof joists.
I turned the Summer House through 45 degrees and made it five sided to fit into the corner. Sadly I cannot claim credit for the picnic table that came from a garden centre. Polly, our dear old Boxer liked to be in my photos.

I made the roof at ground level first, then dismantled it and re-assembled it in situe afterwards.

The finished article, well almost. I hung a wagon wheel from the roof with three chains and installed lights a-hanging from it later. I made the water feature out of a Brandy Barrel cut in half, and made a planter out of the other half.

A CD rack I made when CDs were a common thing.

My Lovely Cousin’s wooden leg. Our son designed a new kitchen for us, but the one we bought came with a boring metal pole on the corner of the breakfast bar. My Lovely really wanted a nice barley-twist leg to match the oak cupboard doors, so I made one for her as a surprise christmas present.
I found a nice piece of seasoned oak in a reclamation yard, planed it square, then hand cut the twist using a tenon saw and mallet and chisels. The only power tools I used were two sanders, before finishing it with a coating of Linseed Oil.

4 Likes

I can see you are very talented, with some great woodworking skills.

I love the shape of your gazebo and the roof looks very attractive - the very top part looks a bit like a Dovecot - is it for decoration only or does it get used by birds?

1 Like

I thought about making a Dovecote, but instead I put a lantern in it.

3 Likes

Absolutely beautiful workmanship and design, Fruitie!
I am impressed, thanks so much for sharing.

1 Like

Wow! That looks so pretty :clap:
What a lovely place to sit on Summer evenings, with the garden illuminated too.

1 Like

Excellent work as always, Fruitcake…

1 Like

Wow I wished you lived near me FC
I would like an art studio / garden room something a bit different I need advice !
Then of course I need a builder ( will I live that long ?)