Bloodlands, new BBC Sunday drama

Did you watch it?
I thought it was written by Jed Mercurio Line Of Duty author but no it’s a first for another and I was very impressed by the first of four episodes tonight .
James Nesbitt slipped easily into this role and the scenery was pretty even if the storyline wasn’t .

Zuleika, l recorded it earlier and thought l would watch it before l go to bed. It looks like it will be good.
All l can say is, Thank Goodness for subtitles otherwise, l wouldn’t know a word they were saying!
I agree about the pretty scenery.

iHi

Just watching it now, very good.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and we’re looking forward to the next episode with great anticipation.

Shock or what ? Didn’t see that coming at any time !

You’re on the button there Zuleika. I wonder why he did that.

I watched the first episode last week, but had to record last nights. Looking forward to it

Moreover how is he going to cover his action up ?

Zuleika, l had to rewind this incident and watch it again as l just couldn’t believe it

I thought l must have missed something for him… the goodie suddenly, to become the baddie!

It’s sort of tainted it a bit for me but what a shock!

That was in cold blood ? D’you think his wife’s still alive ?
It’s quite complicated isn’t it ?

Frustraing that there was a good few minutes filmed almost in darkness at the beginning as well as many times Nesbitt staring off into space looking amateurish .
Something’s very off but I can’t put my finger on it and there were some almost humorous moments .
Ideas anyone ? After all there’s only one more episode .

Last night, l wondered if she might be.
I am not liking it as much now it’s gone off in this different direction.
I don’t like his character either now he’s the ‘baddie’.

This was advertised as being “darkly comic”. I haven’t seen much to even smile about let alone laugh at.

What utter crap this turned out to be. Unanswered questions at the end. Disappointing.

Utter crap it might have been but a 2nd series has been commissioned by the BBC.

Jazzi, Don’t hold back on your critique!!
I agree though, it was a load of what you said!! :lol:

… just watched S1 and S2 on iPlayer … haha, love this kind of thing: dirty cops.

Bring it on, where is S3?

Oh I thought it was exactly described thus . Some parts made me laugh out loud .
Hope there’s a third series .

How refreshing to see a series where the cop is a bad guy and you see everything unfold knowing he’s actually thwarting his partners’ attempts to solve the crime. Great ending and I could not see a third season. I mean, it ended as it could only end, didn’t it? I’m not a fan of Nesbitt but I really enjoyed this one.

Those who have watched it ,including me think there will be a third season .